Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am at about 90% on getting a Focus HB. I have a few lingering questions, and it seems that the sales people just aren't all the way knowledgable about. Can you help me figure it out?

1. For those of you with the leather seats in an SLE or Titanium trim, is it possible for the seats to lie flat (by removing the head rest and lifting the bottom portion of the seat?
2. How do the dual climate zones impact people in the rear seat? Do tey just get the air flow from the corresponding person?
3. If you upgraded to Mytouch, how do you like it?
4. What is the scoop with wifi, do you need a tethering plan on your phone?
5. IF you have an iphone 4s, can you use your siri commands to get things moving on the phone, of does it get confused and you need to use the sync commands
6. Where do you put your change for the parking meter?
7. How is the magic parking power, do you ever use it?

Thanks you so much! I hope to officially join the club by the end of the month!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am at about 90% on getting a Focus HB. I have a few lingering questions, and it seems that the sales people just aren't all the way knowledgable about. Can you help me figure it out?

1. For those of you with the leather seats in an SLE or Titanium trim, is it possible for the seats to lie flat (by removing the head rest and lifting the bottom portion of the seat?
2. How do the dual climate zones impact people in the rear seat? Do tey just get the air flow from the corresponding person?
5. IF you have an iphone 4s, can you use your siri commands to get things moving on the phone, of does it get confused and you need to use the sync commands

i'll try and make the answers short:

1. yes
2. from my experiences, yes.
3. i've yet to have any real issues with myford touch. the ONLY time was when i connected a USB device, which caused a reset. my only other gripe is it's slow to respond to touch inputs. but from the looks of the upgrade, that seems to have been fixed.
4. wifi... i've heard if you connect your vehicle, it just turns your vehicle into a mobile hot spot.
5. no iphone.
6. truthfully, i dislike carrying change and i'm lucky enough to not have to deal with parking meters too often.
7. tested it and yes, it's a nice feature. just be careful it will get you in a tight spot, not get you out. [cheers]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll try and make the answers short:

1. yes
2. from my experiences, yes.
3. i've yet to have any real issues with myford touch. the ONLY time was when i connected a USB device, which caused a reset. my only other gripe is it's slow to respond to touch inputs. but from the looks of the upgrade, that seems to have been fixed.
4. wifi... i've heard if you connect your vehicle, it just turns your vehicle into a mobile hot spot.
5. no iphone.
6. truthfully, i dislike carrying change and i'm lucky enough to not have to deal with parking meters too often.
7. tested it and yes, it's a nice feature. just be careful it will get you in a tight spot, not get you out. [cheers]
Thanks for the reply! I went on a test drive today, and the sales guy told me it didn't fold flat. I said really? I could have sworn I had seen it go flat, but then I was confused if it was a cloth or leather interior. And I have done a few test drives in the past couple of days, little details are getting jumbled.

One more question. Does anyone have he telenav add-in? Does that just add map views tot he screen, so it is more like the smartphone app? And is the default navigation just speaking, without a full map view? I am so confused, and it is really stupid the dealers do not have it turned on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I went on a test drive today, and the sales guy told me it didn't fold flat. I said really? I could have sworn I had seen it go flat, but then I was confused if it was a cloth or leather interior. And I have done a few test drives in the past couple of days, little details are getting jumbled.

One more question. Does anyone have he telenav add-in? Does that just add map views tot he screen, so it is more like the smartphone app? And is the default navigation just speaking, without a full map view? I am so confused, and it is really stupid the dealers do not have it turned on.
sedans with the with 60/40 rear seats fold flat... i think all hatches have rear seats that fold flat. i know my titanium hatch folds "flat" (have 18 inch wheels, will take pics of how "flat" the seats and cargo area looks).

as far as telenav... no experience, i know someone else can answer. [cheers]

·
Registered
968 Posts
My SE with leather has fold flat rear seats.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes 100% the seats fold flat
MFT update due soon
Parking is awesome
Haven't found use for wifi features yet but have some tests to run.
No change in car....makes too much noise and can scratch

·
Registered
166 Posts
1) yes
2)yes
3)love it, mine is from october production and im seeing no issues
4)not sure
5)dont have one
6)Ford sale's a change holder/ash tray that fits in the cup holder
7) works great and love it, just never need it.

Good luck with your decesion!![ffrocks]

·
Registered
20 Posts
1) While I haven't tried them, I do believe they lie flat. The problem is if you get the full sized spare that it increases the height of the trunk, so its not exactly flat. Love my arctic white seats though and don't have much of a hauling need

2) Haven't had rear passengers yet... I need to get on that... my wife does appreciate being able to jack her heat up without me sweating though

3) I enjoy the mytouch. beautiful, large screen, tons of features. Its not perfect as much of the forum will tell you, and you get occasional glitches (I've done 2 resets by pulling the fuse, once when I first got it and my bluetooth messed up 1 week into it, and once just 2 days ago cause I got a droid razr and, like wise, the bluetooth messed up. I also had the fun thing yesterday of it simultaneously being connected to my Razr and my wife's rezound, so while it was playing my music, if she did anything on her phone it would interrupt the sound over the radio, until she turned off her bluetooth on her phone which then fixed the issue). The maps for nav are also very nice. You only get maps with the $795 navigation package. Another thread described this nicely. The nav package is like getting an integrated Garmon into your car, with some of the largest and most detailed maps available (not necessarily the most up to date). It does turn by turn, voice guided with street names, and with the Sirius package, has points of interest like restaurants and gas stations, etc. The Sync navigation is like having a good friend who is an expert navigator. You tell them where you want to go and the car calls up sync, downloads a set of directions, and gives you turn by turn voice guided with street names but no map to actually see what you are doing. And if you miss a turn, it has to recall the system and download a new set, which at times it seems can take several minutes and you may be far off base by then. But I haven't used the sync directions personally so I am not 100% sure that it is that bad. The back up camera has made me so lazy.

4) I believe you need to have support for transmission of the wireless signal over bluetooth to support this (which is why I never tried it with my LG Ally) but haven't tried it yet with the Razr, but I don't believe it charges you for tether...

5) No iphone. I think you would be ok with using siri though based on how things would work, it just wouldn't be integrated into the sync system (IE, you would still be using it on the phone through the stereo system, but stuff wouldn't show up on your sync screen. It would be cool if you did the voice activated button on your steering wheel if it activated siri instead of the built in thing, but I 100% am sure that wouldn't happen, so the only way you could get to Siri is to activate it on the phone itself

6) I put my change in the cup holders, where I always put my change, but like above people, don't have much of a use for change

7) Park assist is very nice, even if I only have used it once ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My current car folds flat literally. Just when I fold the seats down. I have seen other hatches where in order to get them perfectly flat, you need to lift up the bottom of the seat, and then lay things flat. There is some sort of latch underneath the seat that pulls the cushion up. There was some ort of latch in the focus, but it was a raining when i went to go test, so I didn't try everything.

I know this change thing sounds so silly, but every car i have owned has a little compartment on the left of the steering wheel that is perfect for change. All of the new cars I tested do not seem to have those. I noticed a ton of little cost saving measures across the board. No lighted vanity mirror, no back seat car light, no trunk light, all kinds of weird stuff I remember being standard.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have and SEL w/leather and the the seats fold flat with one caveate. I keep my seat all the way back (I'm 5' 11") and there is not enough room for the bench to fold forward to all the back to go flat.

<Begin rant/> I have never understood why the 60 / 40 is 60 driver's side 40 passenger side. Its the same way in my Tuarus X. WHY!? There will always be a driver in the car. Wouldn't it make the most sense to allow the passenger side to carry a long and wide item. </end rant>

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi everyone,

1. yes. remove the headrests and don't have either of the front seats all the way back and/or reclined very steeply.
2. sorry, don't know. have not had rear seat passengers.
3. love MFT.
4. haven't tried it, but probably.
5. sorry no iphone.
6. our meters take plastic :)
7. skipped that option - a $1100 gimmick IMO

·
Registered
300 Posts
Parking is a gimick, but it was the only way to get the camera. When we were in the dealers lot, the car was parked on a slope less steep than my driveway. I had my 4.5 year stand behind the car an I couldn't see her. I looked in the camera and there she was, clear as day. When I buy a car, I don't really consider safety options optional.

By the way, the parking feature works great - when I show it off. Have't really needed it yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the rear parking camera. It sounds crazy, but you haven't seen my garage parking space. During my first month of living there, I actually punctured my tire backing out! I decided this would be a great thing to add to my next car.

My garage gate is attached to the wall. And it sticks out from the wall about 4 inches. The space is very tight and I have to park close to the wall to get in and open the door without hitting her door. If she parks crooked, it is a pain for me! And on the bottom of the wall brace, there is something else sticking out. Oh it is blast coming out. I didn't tell you about the driveway. And the oneway street I live on. :)

The focus is 4-5 inches wider than my car now. It doesn't sound like much, but it could make all the difference. It would be nice to get the view.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Love the rear parking camera. It sounds crazy, but you haven't seen my garage parking space. During my first month of living there, I actually punctured my tire backing out! I decided this would be a great thing to add to my next car.

My garage gate is attached to the wall. And it sticks out from the wall about 4 inches. The space is very tight and I have to park close to the wall to get in and open the door without hitting her door. If she parks crooked, it is a pain for me! And on the bottom of the wall brace, there is something else sticking out. Oh it is blast coming out. I didn't tell you about the driveway. And the oneway street I live on. :)

The focus is 4-5 inches wider than my car now. It doesn't sound like much, but it could make all the difference. It would be nice to get the view.
So you are like me, you just needed the camera.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi everyone,

1. Yes.
2. Exactly.
3. It is a great toy to play with (when is working, some would say [shhh]).
4. If you have a Wi-Fi thumb drive, you can share the connection through MFT.
5. I don't have an iPhone 4s and I don't use Siri. But why using siri commands when MFT commands work just fine ?
6. I always have it in my pocket. It is a CC, because here, the parking meters accept CC.
7. It is great and is used a lot by my wife. Thanks god ! [8)]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hotspot

You have to create it with whatever device you have available. the car only amplifies the signal. Tethering (hard wire) not supported. Verizon charges $29 for the hotspot for my Thunderbolt, so I don't use it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
5. Siri works great with MFT. You will still need to press the button the phone though, but it will work with the MFT microphone and the speakers in the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts