Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops, we done fell off the ladder.
Better get that equiptment fixed at the factory.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's hard to sell them when they don't have what you want on the lot. It will turn around once they get the production hiccups taken care of.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I kinda like having something not everybody can get (for awhile). For at least the next few weeks, I have one of the only Titaniums in the area here in NC.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its true what they say about when you get a new car -- you see them everywhere. However, with the 2012's being somewhat scare at the current time - I probably see 1 2012 focus on the road for every 10 (or more) older generation model focus right now. Regardless of the model/year though, i find myself pointing all of them out and identifying them :)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I've seen a total of 4 other 12's. 1 red hatch on the way home from my sisters apt. on the turnpike. 1 white S or SE sedan today a few cities south at the mall I went to with my girlfriend. And 2 here in town... an Ingot Silver sedan, SEL or Titanium couldn't tell just noticed the chrome beltline trim, and a Sterling Grey Metallic SEL or Titanium hatch I passed going down the road.

Considering the car has been out several months and I already see other new cars like the Cruze and the revised Corolla EVERYWHERE, I'm glad to be one of only 2 or 3 Focuses in the city here :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
I kinda like having something not everybody can get (for awhile). For at least the next few weeks, I have one of the only Titaniums in the area here in NC.
Heck, I here you; even here in the triangle, I haven't seen another Titanium.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, totally. After I ordered mine I started paying attention. I have seen one black SE sedan in a parking lot of a local grocery store and one gray SEL hatch on the road. When I went to pick mine up at the dealer last week, a different salesperson asked if he could check it out. He had a Ti on order for himself and mine was the first Ti they actually received. Oddly enough he ordered two days before me and his ETA was one week to the day after mine and he works there (and he is also going to be out of town on vacation next week with his family so he was completely bummed that he'd have to wait to get back before getting it). Completely shocked that I have only seen a couple out and about.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not to worry, I'm supposed to get my titanium hatch in a couple more weeks so there will be at least one more motoring around the triangle. [driving]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I see '12 foci all the time!
Me too! Yesterday I was driving south on I-94 and I was one of FOUR 2012 Ford Foci in a row! I felt like I was in a knife gang... [8D]

None of us were originally traveling together either - what are the odds of that?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think If I looked at 5-10 ford dealersips within a 40-50 mile area of where I live - might find 1 (maybe 2 - if you're lucky) Titaniums in a lot somewhere... The Ti's very hard to find

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I think If I looked at 5-10 ford dealers within a 40-50 area of where I live - might find 1 (maybe 2) Titaniums in a lot somewhere... The Ti's very hard to find where I live
Same with me. I had to drive 50 miles to get to a dealer with the Kona Blue Titanium I wanted. I bought it the day after I found it because I knew Ford was forced to discontinue Kona Blue.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Same with me. I had to drive 50 miles to get to a dealer with the Kona Blue Titanium I wanted. I bought it the day after I found it because I knew Ford was forced to discontinue Kona Blue.
I will say I am envious of the tuxedo black/Kona Blue 2012 owners...

Knowing your rides are that much more 'rare/exotic' because of the colors not being used anymore -- must be cool feeling knowing you are part of an elite few.

Plus, I will add that even though I was set on the Sterling Grey Metallic, My fiance's favorite was Kona Blue (which would have been my 2nd choice).

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Knowing your rides are that much more 'rare/exotic' because of the colors not being used anymore -- must be cool feeling knowing you are part of an elite few.
I was set on Blue Candy for a long time, but I was afraid I might grow tired of the color. Getting Kona Blue was kind of impulsive for me. But my last car was yellow and I knew I didn't want black/white/grey. So it was down to red or blue...

I'm curious to see what the Sonic Blue looks like in person.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts