Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
sooooooooo anyone got an updated version on this yet?

This thread? I updated the entire thing (did it offline). Copying and pasting all the info messed it up so I still have the info but no updated thread. I am going to try hosting the info on an external site instead.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Bit I wasn't tuned and only had a CBE and Drop in
Every cars a little different from the factory and responds differently to mods. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a 7-10whp difference between two factory cars at different ends of the spectrum (factory freak/factory turd). Sorta like getting the luck of the draw at the go-kart track lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to cars

Hello everybody!

My name is Austin. I am brand new to this site and am relatively new to cars. I have been looking for a new hobby and i would love to learn how to completely take care of my car. I also would like to be able to mod it and make it personal to me! If anybody can help me by telling what is best to start with what to mod first basic stuff where to learn. I really want to be able to make my car awesome! I currently own a 2012 charcoal grey ford focus SEL. Any comments would be helpful! Thanks everybody!.

Best

Austin

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hello everybody!

My name is Austin. I am brand new to this site and am relatively new to cars. I have been looking for a new hobby and i would love to learn how to completely take care of my car. I also would like to be able to mod it and make it personal to me! If anybody can help me by telling what is best to start with what to mod first basic stuff where to learn. I really want to be able to make my car awesome! I currently own a 2012 charcoal grey ford focus SEL. Any comments would be helpful! Thanks everybody!.

Best

Austin
Start here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/285933-post-your-mod-pics.html

This will cut to the chase.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone tried to put a amber LED light strip inside the turn signal mirrors. Just got through updating the tail light bulbs on my 2014 Focus SE sedan to LED lights for brake and back up lights. Just need the amber turn signals. I would like to put LED headlights in the stock housing. Found some for $150.00 on Carid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is great information. I have two Foci, one a 2012 Gray Hatchback SEL that I installed the Roush CAI and had the FSWerks Stealth cat back exhaust put in. It sounds great and runs well. I also have a 2014 Gray Hatchback Titanium that I have not yet touched. I am curious about the K&N CAI compared to the Roush. I am only thinking about the Ford Racing axle back muffler for the sound and not full release of back pressure from the cat back system. Any opinions on this?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great summary of mods and thank you for listing my favorite one:
Eibach Sportline Springs at 1.5" is so nice for one mod.

I have a few more to add:
JMS PedalMax: removes lag during acceleration, and streamlines it to perform better; priced high but worth it.

Accelerator Shim: for ST worked on my SE; They come in different thicknesses and material but I went with one from ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-ST-RS-Gas-Accelerator-Pedal-Spacer-2012-2017-3D-Printed for <$13 with shipping.

2.3L Mustang Ecoboost throttle body (See Out of Line Garage on YouTube for details).
MAF sensor only sees the increased air volume and the mod is <$80 to do.

Snorkel and airbox cover delete: I did it and will probably put some items back during DYNO as this is a finicky change. Sounds cool though

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great summary of mods and thank you for listing my favorite one:
Eibach Sportline Springs at 1.5" is so nice for one mod.

I have a few more to add:
JMS PedalMax: removes lag during acceleration, and streamlines it to perform better; priced high but worth it.

Accelerator Shim: for ST worked on my SE; They come in different thicknesses and material but I went with one from ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-ST-RS-Gas-Accelerator-Pedal-Spacer-2012-2017-3D-Printed for <$13 with shipping.

2.3L Mustang Ecoboost throttle body (See Out of Line Garage on YouTube for details).
MAF sensor only sees the increased air volume and the mod is <$80 to do.

Snorkel and airbox cover delete: I did it and will probably put some items back during DYNO as this is a finicky change. Sounds cool though
Hmm can you elaborate more on the pedalmax? Almost sounds like one of those things that's too good to be true. Is it basically like installing a quick turn throttle on a motorcycle?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hmm can you elaborate more on the pedalmax? Almost sounds like one of those things that's too good to be true. Is it basically like installing a quick turn throttle on a motorcycle?
Not sure about the motorcycle reference, but it sounds about right. I will definitely do a proper review and get a DYNO to support the review. In essence JMS has done a good job at documenting the performance curves of the vehicles they want to "help".
In the case of the Focus, there is a lot of acceleration issues, lag in timing and low torque. This device enables the short coming of each issue and smooths it out. Like most mods, everyone has their preference for drive capability so this low end mod would be a nice start for some. But for me and my use of the car as a commuter I really like the summary of upgrades this one device can deliver. Lastly it is not like flashing; where you lose your warranty.
The PedalMax works in conjunction with the car and the manufacturers recommended perameters

·
Registered
35 Posts
That emblem delete though, I love that! It looks so aggressive without the Ford emblem

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

I want to do this! I saw the grill on eBay last night and wasn’t sure it’d look any good with the parts of the grill filled in like the stock grill.
But I was looking at getting black vinyl wrap to make the grill look like one piece (not a centre section with two triangles)
Thoughts? I kinda like the idea of the billet grill install but using honeycomb instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ok. I’ve got the whiskers off my car. And I’m very keen to do the same badge delete with a grill in there. I eventually want a racing intake behind it too but I might try and make my own. But I cannot figure out how you got such a smooth finish in that top grill? Did you get it repainted professionally? Or is there another way? What did you use to remove the whiskers back panel?
Very nice look.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just cut it out.

That’s what I did atleast. Mikes is clean as hell!

Love the look of you profile pic. Can you upload it below? What I’m worried about is having a smooth finish after cutting. I’d need to sand and paint or use vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Front Grill Badge Delete

I'm going to do this front badge delete tomorrow. I will add some details of my mod steps. I stealthed my badge already but the look is really nice and provides an area to hide a better snorkel and lunchbox delete intake scoop area. I'm probably keeping the whisker look for awhile but the front badge can be removed now. Its a very clean look from Shade10.
I added back alot of the intake tubes trying to determine mpg losses with the deletes.
So just going with Snorkel delete now and see where I end up. Still need to check vacuum line that I noticed had the protective sleeve damaged.
If I have a leak the air to fuel ratio reading may be floating outside the norm and giving me false positive mpg values.
I noticed this only when I installed the Mustang EcoBoost TB during the reroute of the TB harness.

With each mod I'm learning, getting what I want out of my ride. Last mod: radio swap mod (FM5T-19C107-HB) No more high pitched RCA plug pulled noises[facepalm]

·
Registered
593 Posts
Love the look of you profile pic. Can you upload it below? What I’m worried about is having a smooth finish after cutting. I’d need to sand and paint or use vinyl wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
My bad! Its not as clean as Mikes but i did my best haha

Attachments

161 - 180 of 184 Posts