Totally agree!!! Sounds like a beast!!!

2012 Ford Focus SEL "MK3"
2009 Ford Edge Limited
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Having had the ROUSH for some months. I get consistent performance (butt dyno) in hot or cold weather. Warm air rises and the ROUSH seals the box to the hood preventing pulling in that hot air. Yet it also keeps the factory connection to the snorkel, pulling in cold air and an open ended cone so that you pull in more air. It seems like a good design to me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using FF Mobile
Yes but i already have the snorkel taken off, should i put it back on??

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have to snorkel off also and seems to be just fine

2009 Ford Edge Limited

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
The snorkel you removed is just a sideways pipe on the end of the cold air duct to the intake box. That duct is still intact with the snorkel removed and lets cold air into the intake.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The snorkel you removed is just a sideways pipe on the end of the cold air duct to the intake box. That duct is still intact with the snorkel removed and lets cold air into the intake.
It's because I've seen some open ended designs that remove the entire factory box and that would seem detrimental to performance theoretically due to the heat.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new here and not sure if this is where this goes or not but just curious as to thoughts on this exhaust. I was looking at getting for my 2016 SE. It's OBX racing sport cat back exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mods

Snorkel delete and printed wide mouth installed
Grille mod rebrand small logo / hood non perm indent delete
20mm bloxsports spacers
DRL headlight mod on factory lights
Head unit swap to add GPS
Backup cam install to factory unit
K&N / red luggs on stock dipped 17s
Seat belt clunk pads
Steering wheel silver flake fix

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
^ details on the non permanent hood thing and grill mod please!!! Very interested

2009 Ford Edge Limited

·
Registered
140 Posts
Front end mod

^ details on the non permanent hood thing and grill mod please!!! Very interested

2009 Ford Edge Limited

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

I chopped out front piece. Then decided to go bigger to the edge of the plastic rear tray. Used gutter cover coated black screen, 1piece was 6 bucks from Home Depot. Bought Ford ranger door logo 3" on eBay and JB welded it to screen. Screen with trimming is perfect width to fill space. Used excess piece of grille that matched hood color and cut out a piece to fill in hood indent. JB weld from back filled in void and made it sturdy enough to lift hood. I didn't want to bondo and paint hood so I ordered a color matching 2" body moulding strip from brandsport.com. They send a free card with actual product and you color match and order that color. It's pre installed 3m body tape. Color molded so I could cut edge at bevel. Used fender trim from brandsport to finish cut edge. Black plasti dip inner shelf to kill shine and hide air scoop support. Made black aluminum top piece for top of mesh and used stock push clips to hold in place. Doesn't effect flaps or shutters. The gutter material was better than a few types of grille material online. Looks better in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
If you have any concerns just PM me. I can walk you through it. I was a complete newb and did it myself. It really is super easy it just takes patience!

141 - 160 of 184 Posts