Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
What kind of "logs that you can record on" are you referring to?

The Flasher that RDC/Injected etc. uses doesn't have datalog capability, ask Shade-010 if you don't believe that.

He mentioned working on new tunes for specific mods in the future, still are canned tunes for a specific setup.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
What kind of "logs that you can record on" are you referring to?

The Flasher that RDC/Injected etc. uses doesn't have datalog capability, ask Shade-10 if you don't believe that.

He mentioned working on new tunes for specific mods in the future, still are canned tunes for a specific setup.
This ^^^^... however we are working on log abilities using the Torque app or a similar device. Still in preliminary phases... however unless you go more then header, not fully necessary.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Takes special tools to log a stock one too, and they aren't individually tuned either.

Plenty of specific tunes for specific mods (or none) on the market for various cars, just look at what's avail. for the ST's.

Custom of various types is avail. as well, pick your preference that fits your needs.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Not exactly comparable, I don't believe he is running a header.
His first round, he was lower power and slower then mine untuned and all I had was a catback and dropin. .. he had Steeda intake, axle back and tune

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Isn't an axle back basically just for looks and sound? No wonder you were a bit faster if that's the case.
Bit I wasn't tuned and only had a CBE and Drop in

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
After seeing the various intake results (drop in/snorkel delete is decent), a combination that matches of that and a CAT back should do better than Steeda/axle back.

Balanced changes to intake/exh. even if not huge by themselves work much better than a change at one end alone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coilovers

Does anyone have any updates with putting coilovers on a 2015 Focus Se Hatch? If so were you faced with any issues down the road? What brand do you recommend for being a daily driver?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus with a drop in high-flow airfilter, its K&N. And I want to go cold air intake, but I've been told ROUSH is good, but its just a high flow filter with an air tight seal to the hood, but what I want to know if its worth investing in a CAI for my car or should I just stick with my current?

·
Registered
161 Posts
If u have a NA (non ST) intakes will free up a few horsepower more than a drop in filter, I actually have a Roush kit on mine and seems to run a lil better than just a drop in but I've been told the Steeda or FSWERKS intakes are pretty good too

2012 Ford Focus SEL "MK3"
2009 Ford Edge Limited
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts

2009 Ford Edge Limited

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If u have a NA (non ST) intakes will free up a few horsepower more than a drop in filter, I actually have a Roush kit on mine and seems to run a lil better than just a drop in but I've been told the Steeda or FSWERKS intakes are pretty good too

2009 Ford Edge Limited

Having had the ROUSH for some months. I get consistent performance (butt dyno) in hot or cold weather. Warm air rises and the ROUSH seals the box to the hood preventing pulling in that hot air. Yet it also keeps the factory connection to the snorkel, pulling in cold air and an open ended cone so that you pull in more air. It seems like a good design to me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Having had the ROUSH for some months. I get consistent performance (butt dyno) in hot or cold weather. Warm air rises and the ROUSH seals the box to the hood preventing pulling in that hot air. Yet it also keeps the factory connection to the snorkel, pulling in cold air and an open ended cone so that you pull in more air. It seems like a good design to me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ya I've only had mine for a few weeks and like it a lot so far

121 - 140 of 184 Posts