Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have read mixed reviews on both sets/companies. I opted to just get OEM black bezels... I wish they were projectors but I'll take what I can get without spending a fortune.

Many of the complaints I read had to do with LEDs burning out very quickly and the 90 day warranty obviously not covering you for long.

Both SpinMoveCustoms and RebelDevil have headlight options that will do better in the long run, SMC has ST3 repro projector housings and can set you up with a full on HID setup that's largely plug and play. Worth a look.
Any reason in particular why the LEDs burned out quickly??

·
Registered
646 Posts
anyone know the best way to score the zetec s kit? I skimmed through the thread and didn't see much as far as exterior mods.. Is this something I could get parts numbers for and order from my dealership (or online)? I found the 3d carbon kit online and I like everything about it but the front lip, I prefer the zetec s lip. I know RDC sells the s kit but I'm just looking for the best prices...

EDIT: CM5Z-5820049-AA found this parts number searching through FF however it just says KIT - BODY CONVERSION and I'm not sure what all is included... $995 isn't bad for the entire kit.

·
Registered
666 Posts
anyone know the best way to score the zetec s kit? I skimmed through the thread and didn't see much as far as exterior mods.. Is this something I could get parts numbers for and order from my dealership (or online)? I found the 3d carbon kit online and I like everything about it but the front lip, I prefer the zetec s lip. I know RDC sells the s kit but I'm just looking for the best prices...

EDIT: CM5Z-5820049-AA found this parts number searching through FF however it just says KIT - BODY CONVERSION and I'm not sure what all is included... $995 isn't bad for the entire kit.
Our price is less then that [thumb]

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Our price is less then that [thumb]
But until Village Ford raises their prices, yours still costs more-especially with shipping.

The Zetec S body kit is what I have-front lip, side-skirts, and rear valance with piano-black insert (it just plugs in in-place of where the matte-black valance is in the rear). I bought mine from Village Ford for $795+7.95 shipping. Send VillageAndy a PM for the forum-member pricing[thumb]

·
Registered
646 Posts
But until Village Ford raises their prices, yours still costs more-especially with shipping.

The Zetec S body kit is what I have-front lip, side-skirts, and rear valance with piano-black insert (it just plugs in in-place of where the matte-black valance is in the rear). I bought mine from Village Ford for $795+7.95 shipping. Send VillageAndy a PM for the forum-member pricing[thumb]
OH the forum-member pricing, excellent. Thanks a lot, Duane [headbang]

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Any reason in particular why the LEDs burned out quickly??
Just cheap LEDs most likely. Least expensive way to make a great looking light, warranty it for 90-days and then tell you tough luck after that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Those are headlights I have on my focus with hids and only issue is dipped beam bulb fault even with the extra harness but lights still work so error isnt a issue
What are the issues with the dipped beam bulb fault?

It does have daytime-running lights right? And would you recommend the specdTuning lights for me?

Sorry for my multiple questions LOL.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well the light works so not a issue car just says bulb fault then goes away

Yes it has led drl that blink white/orange when u signal

This how it looks when you hit unlock

Then changes to white

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Adjustable doesn't always mean easy. I have owned several pair of yellows. Each time adjustment isn't possible due to zero access to the top of the strut. To adjust in fact, the strut needs to be pulled, compressed, then turned.

I suspect the same for the focus since the front strut isn't accessible from the top perch.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got these headlights on ebay from ipex. As advertised they were true plug and play. I didn't have to adjust the beam. Installation couldn't have been easier and there is no bulb fault error message. I love the look. As far as complaints the fit isn't completely flush on the back corner. They are lifted up just slightly. After two weeks, one of the low beam bulbs burnt out. That was pretty annoying, but after getting a new set they are brighter than ever.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I really like the way those look but I hate that the eyebrow also works as an extra turn signal. If there's a way to disable that I would consider them. Also I don't want the amber side reflector in there, it's not illegal in Texas to not have them. Otherwise I'm looking at getting these. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-2012-2013-2014-Ford-Focus-Headlight-with-Bi-xenon-Projector-LED-strip/1848927081.html
Well the light works so not a issue car just says bulb fault then goes away

Yes it has led drl that blink white/orange when u signal

This how it looks when you hit unlock

Then changes to white

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone have any chassis upgrades? Are the stress bars worth spending the money on? I love to drive my mk3 SE hard but I also recognize that it is what it is as far performance goes and don't want to spend the money on mods that won't give me enough for the money spent.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Anyone have any chassis upgrades? Are the stress bars worth spending the money on? I love to drive my mk3 SE hard but I also recognize that it is what it is as far performance goes and don't want to spend the money on mods that won't give me enough for the money spent.
I'm running the stress bar in a sedan (modified to fit..testing for FsWerks) and I would say there is some improvement, minimal but some. Bigger sways are worth it, we are a Whiteline dealer and have a Whiteline handling pack on our site rebeldevil.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running the stress bar in a sedan (modified to fit..testing for FsWerks) and I would say there is some improvement, minimal but some. Bigger sways are worth it, we are a Whiteline dealer and have a Whiteline handling pack on our site rebeldevil.com
The sway bar kit is certainly in my sights, the expense being an issue (college student). That's why I was looking at the stress bars but I guess it'll have to wait. Really want some handling upgrade soon though. Thanks for the info.

81 - 100 of 184 Posts