Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
In my opinion the flashbeam in the focus is not that bright, I'm guessing xenon headlights would give me a brighter flashbeam

·
Registered
245 Posts
Question for you cats!

I was going to make my own thread but I figured since it's based on mods maybe I could find an answer here.

I'm having a difficult time deciding between brands. Steeda vs. fswerks vs. eibach vs. cobb etc etc. My plans are lowering springs, swaybar, exhaust, and CAI. I can't decide between all the brands and I wanted to know what you chose and why! Obviously I don't want to dish out wads of cash when I can find it cheaper but I am interested in learning why you picked the brands you did and do you love it or regret it?

EDIT: if you think this belong in my own thread, let me know. I will happily create one so I don't need to flood this one.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Question for you cats!

I was going to make my own thread but I figured since it's based on mods maybe I could find an answer here.

I'm having a difficult time deciding between brands. Steeda vs. fswerks vs. eibach vs. cobb etc etc. My plans are lowering springs, swaybar, exhaust, and CAI. I can't decide between all the brands and I wanted to know what you chose and why! Obviously I don't want to dish out wads of cash when I can find it cheaper but I am interested in learning why you picked the brands you did and do you love it or regret it?

EDIT: if you think this belong in my own thread, let me know. I will happily create one so I don't need to flood this one.
Springs - Eibach. Why? I can't STAND H&R if I can help it. HORRID customer experience with them. Also, love the stance Eibach offers with the Sportlines.
Rear sway - Eibach. Why? Keeping it consistent.
CAI - Steeda. Why? Got a great deal through a forum member. However, it was on my short list.
Exhaust - Magnaflow. Why? While it isn't 2.5, I think I will prefer the sound over the others. But I might jump on a FS Stealth.... depends on my mood though?? [dunno]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Springs - Eibach. Why? I can't STAND H&R if I can help it. HORRID customer experience with them. Also, love the stance Eibach offers with the Sportlines.
Rear sway - Eibach. Why? Keeping it consistent.
CAI - Steeda. Why? Got a great deal through a forum member. However, it was on my short list.
Exhaust - Magnaflow. Why? While it isn't 2.5, I think I will prefer the sound over the others. But I might jump on a FS Stealth.... depends on my mood though?? [dunno]
Agree with the Magnaflow exhaust

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks for some input! I LOVE the magnaflow sound, someone told me just to get the muffler and have a good custom exhaust shop around here do it. It would be a lot cheaper apparently. As I was also told to build my own CAI.

I'm really not crafty enough for this haha.

And the Eibach Sportlines are still a debate whether or not they will fit my 2014. Currently someone is about to install them so we will see if they run into any trouble that has been rumored.

I have a question, I want to install a wink mirror, 5 panel mirror. Has anyone else done this?

I have a buddy who did this in his Mazda, it's pretty sweet. [^]

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've been looking at different headlight options. These seem pretty solid, but not available anymore.

Seems odd that there isn't a seemingly reputable source for some aftermarket HID/Projector setups for the MK3. :(
SpecDTuning have pretty sweet stuff for the MK3, check out their website. Also you might wanna check out CarID.com, they've got some sweet stuff for the MK3.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm still deciding between spec d tuning and spyder auto. Spyder auto is also plug and play around 380$
I have read mixed reviews on both sets/companies. I opted to just get OEM black bezels... I wish they were projectors but I'll take what I can get without spending a fortune.

Many of the complaints I read had to do with LEDs burning out very quickly and the 90 day warranty obviously not covering you for long.

Both SpinMoveCustoms and RebelDevil have headlight options that will do better in the long run, SMC has ST3 repro projector housings and can set you up with a full on HID setup that's largely plug and play. Worth a look.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have read mixed reviews on both sets/companies. I opted to just get OEM black bezels... I wish they were projectors but I'll take what I can get without spending a fortune.

Many of the complaints I read had to do with LEDs burning out very quickly and the 90 day warranty obviously not covering you for long.

Both SpinMoveCustoms and RebelDevil have headlight options that will do better in the long run, SMC has ST3 repro projector housings and can set you up with a full on HID setup that's largely plug and play. Worth a look.
I checked spin move customs. It's a bit pricey for me, and it's harder to install. I haven't checked rebel devil, do you have a link to those?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes when I picked them up spec d k2 and ipex motoring all in same building so im pretty sure all same company.when I inquired from k2 I was referred to spec d website so that makes me think more that same company using different names

61 - 80 of 184 Posts