Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there

I am a new kid on the block, and have a 2012 Titanium hatch.

I am looking for a way to bypass the manual switch for the fog lights, so that they come on automatically with my lights, rather than having to manually hit the button each time.

The mod posts I have found are mainly for older models, so I wonder if anyone has bypassed this switch, and if so, how?

Looking forward to hearing

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there

I am a new kid on the block, and have a 2012 Titanium hatch.

I am looking for a way to bypass the manual switch for the fog lights, so that they come on automatically with my lights, rather than having to manually hit the button each time.

The mod posts I have found are mainly for older models, so I wonder if anyone has bypassed this switch, and if so, how?

Looking forward to hearing
Don't think it's possible.

However if you're looking to continue to have your fogs + high beams on. You can do this in FORScan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't think it's possible.

However if you're looking to continue to have your fogs + high beams on. You can do this in FORScan.
It seems my fogs are completely autonomous to the headlight system. If I switch them on, they come on irrespective of whether the lights are DRL, normal, or high.

I just need to bypass the switch I guess. My garage says the schematics are not clear and they would need some time to work out what is going on electrically before they could come up with a solution....

Just wondered if anyone here has managed to achieve this

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
It seems my fogs are completely autonomous to the headlight system. If I switch them on, they come on irrespective of whether the lights are DRL, normal, or high.

I just need to bypass the switch I guess. My garage says the schematics are not clear and they would need some time to work out what is going on electrically before they could come up with a solution....

Just wondered if anyone here has managed to achieve this
It'd have to be achieved in software. Hope this gives you a bit more data.

181 - 184 of 184 Posts