Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2012 Focus and love the car so far. One thing I have noticed is that the AC Compressor makes a low squealing sound when engaged. Has anyone else noticed this? The noise is not coming from the fan, since it goes away when I turn off the AC, but leave the fan running.

Any info would be appreciated!

-Chris

·
Registered
519 Posts
Maybe the A/C clutch is going bad? There seems to have been a number of a/c related problems, including my own.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the A/C clutch is going bad? There seems to have been a number of a/c related problems, including my own.
Have you noticed any noise by pushing the A/C button on versus off since getting your AC problems fixed?

I am thinking of mentioning it to the dealer when I get my oil changed next week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Almost positive it's going bad, mine went bad on the first day I got it! And I've heard they've had lots of problems so far, I suggest taking it in right away!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Have you noticed any noise by pushing the A/C button on versus off since getting your AC problems fixed?

I am thinking of mentioning it to the dealer when I get my oil changed next week.
Actually my problem was that the A/C clutch wasn't engaging at all, so the compressor stopped working. It turned out I had bad o-rings. They had to order the parts, but it got fixed. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts