Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is broken hearted, she was driving me today in my Tacoma and backed into her Focus hatch, gonna need a drivers rear door Z9 paint code.

So are the doors the same weather its a sedan or hatch? The answer will help with my search.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sedan and hatch are the same for all model years 2012 to 2018. The trim on the inside may be different though.
thanks Pioneer16! that helps. the problem now is finding Z9 paint, ive found all kinds of door. my local salvage yard told me to take my pick from what he has $80 if i pull it (great price). but i am betting he wont have her color. come to find out, its a tri-coat too! thats gonna be nice to try and match! [facepalm]

·
Registered
416 Posts
thanks Pioneer16! that helps. the problem now is finding Z9 paint, ive found all kinds of door. my local salvage yard told me to take my pick from what he has $80 if i pull it (great price). but i am betting he wont have her color. come to find out, its a tri-coat too! thats gonna be nice to try and match! [facepalm]
I know some people say Maaco isn't the best shop for paint and body but my wife got rear ended in her van and I bought a bare replacement door from eBay. It came with just black primer. I gave it to Maaco to paint along with the paint code and it came back perfect and you still can't tell any difference between it and the rest of the vehicle. This was about 4 years ago and the paint is holding up great. The price was very reasonable and after we got the insurance check, I was ahead over a grand. Mind you, I had to strip all the trim, rear wiper and wiring off of the old rear door and install it on the new one which took some time but wasn't bad. They could do the same with a junkyard door in good shape and there would be a bit more prep work for the paint but less to transfer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good work. Looks like you have the door adjusted and hung very well, the edge gap looks even and tight, and the panel alignment looks good.

Hopefully the quarter panel work will go well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good work. Looks like you have the door adjusted and hung very well, the edge gap looks even and tight, and the panel alignment looks good.

Hopefully the quarter panel work will go well.
Thanks, i actually didnt have to adjust anything, simply unbolted the hinge from the door where the hinge bushings go in and swapped. I figured i would start there and adjust... didnt need to adjust it at all. Kind of instills some faith in the repeatability of their assemblies.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My daughter is broken hearted, she was driving me today in my Tacoma and backed into her Focus hatch, gonna need a drivers rear door Z9 paint code.

So are the doors the same weather its a sedan or hatch? The answer will help with my search.

Thanks in advance guys!
Sedan and hatch are the same for all model years 2012 to 2018. The trim on the inside may be different though.
Wondering if you guys know, if the doors for the 2013-2016 models are the exact same? Was looking through a local salvage yard, for a 2014 focus se passenger door. When I came across a 2013 focus that looks exactly like my door. But it was the wrong color. I want to visit different salvage yards to look for different years. If I can use any of those year models for my 2014 it would help me find the right color door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts