Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had a slightly damaged rear right door on my 2015 SE, and today installed a door assembly from a 2012. Everything was plug and play, but now even when the door is closed, the car thinks it's ajar. Anyone have an idea why?

Thanks,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Where is the switch? Is it in the latch mechanism, or is it that weird arrow shaped metal thing at the bottom of the door?

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
I have no clue on late ones, the earlier ones are in the door jamb where the latch locks to the jamb, it pushes switch in. Switch toggle is behind the latchpost.

Quick test might be to push in on door at back in an attempt to move the back of it further in, see if it puts the light out. And of course the latch must be double latched anyway, if only getting into first latch but not second you are driving car in a dangerous condition.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
FYI, I've seen different trim as used on various years but same exact door shell itself, the trim can give issues if seen by the new car as thicker, it holds door out and same problem. Sometimes you have to work the trim or door rubber seals a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Figured it out. Needed to swap the door latch assembly and full wire harness into the 2012 door from the original. Car didn't seem to recognize the 2012 door latch so i swapped it. Still said door ajar. Needed to swap the wire harness as well, all good now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts