Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2012 Focus in January, and within a few months started experiencing the same clutch shudder that everyone has. Today is the second day that I have taken my vehicle to the dealer, and they ordered parts to replace the clutch. They don't cover a rental until the part arrives, but my car is very dangerous to drive at this point. I called the Ford "Customer Relationship" Center, and she documented everything but was not helpful at all. I have a 50-mile commute three days per week, and I will most likely have to rent a car out of pocket tomorrow morning. Why should I have to pay for a rental when this is a defective part? I'm not asking for a rental while they merely put on a spoiler...

If I continue driving a this point, it will cause further damage to the actual transmission. I'm very frustrated with this vehicle and ready to trade it in for a Toyota or Honda.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's my understanding that except for those who purchased an extended warranty from Ford, which includes limited rental vehicle coverage, all rentals supplied by a Dealer are at their option & expense. Even while being repaired, it's a courtesy that may not be available.

Not great when you'd rather not be driving a car that isn't working well, your decision whether it's actually undriveable at this point. (can't guess at how bad the symptoms)

I don't remember seeing any with transmission damage from clutch shudder if that helps in your decision.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I purchased a 2012 Focus in January, and within a few months started experiencing the same clutch shudder that everyone has. Today is the second day that I have taken my vehicle to the dealer, and they ordered parts to replace the clutch. They don't cover a rental until the part arrives, but my car is very dangerous to drive at this point. I called the Ford "Customer Relationship" Center, and she documented everything but was not helpful at all. I have a 50-mile commute three days per week, and I will most likely have to rent a car out of pocket tomorrow morning. Why should I have to pay for a rental when this is a defective part? I'm not asking for a rental while they merely put on a spoiler...

If I continue driving a this point, it will cause further damage to the actual transmission. I'm very frustrated with this vehicle and ready to trade it in for a Toyota or Honda.
Welcome to the forum!

All dealers are independently owned and operated, and certain things are up to their discretion. I can look into some additional options on this. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts