Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,
I own a 2012 Focus hatch with 174k miles and about a month ago (prepare to be shocked) the DPS6 transmission went out. I ended up finding an engine with 91k miles paired with the MTX75 transmission out of a 2013 sedan and swapped it out. The manual engine harness hooked up perfectly and I've installed the manual PCM, new drive axles, shifter and cabling, brake/clutch reservoir. I'm in the home stretch now and I just have 2 more things to figure out.
First being the clutch wiring for the neutral safety switch. From the swaps Ive seen online people just switch out the MTX75 and keep their automatic harness, grounding a pin from the PCM and bypassing the clutch safety switch. With the manual harness, ive been starting at wiring diagrams trying to figure out how to wire this thing in to no avail so im wondering if anyone else has done it and knows how to do it as the car wont start without it. (wiring the other switch up would be a bonus, but not a necessity)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
@PS my programmer arrived last evening and I installed the manual PCM. It's working and so is the cruise control. To get it to work, wire the upper clutch pedal switch to pin 43 on the manual PCM and while you're doing that, run a wire to pin 42 for the reverse switch on the tranny to get reverse lamps working. To do this, you need to rob some terminal ends from the TCM connector that is no longer in use. You release them with a tiny flathead screwdriver inserted in the hole adjacent to the terminal being removed. Takes some fiddling but they do come out and lock back in place.

I found this comment on a youtube video. would anybody by chance have a diagram of the pin numbers for the PCM?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts