Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i didnt really do research on the 2012. I test drove mine instantly loved it and bought it. I just have the s model. I just recently noticed ppl talking about the armrest. Mine does not have one. Is this normal for the s model? also is there a way i can order one for my car? I heard the fiesta didnt come with one so i thought mine was normal until recently.

·
Registered
882 Posts
There's no armrest?! I had no idea any models of the Focus didn't come with one. It's arguably the best armrest I've ever had in a car, too. If it didn't come with one I doubt you'd be able to get one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about the front seat... I have a 2012 SE and I have one... The rear seat armrest only comes with the Tuscany-Red Leather package in the SE, unavailable in S and standard on SEL and Ti

·
Registered
221 Posts
The S is really designed with "Fleet cars", like car rental places in mind, and has so little, most consumers wouldn't bother...such as the lack of fog lamps when the other models come with it. $1000 may be $1000, but it's well spent to get a SE instead of S.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Some of use don't want an armrest, 'cause it interferes with the manual transmission gearshift for some folks. Also, though the SE model has 16" tires, which are a bit wider than the 15" S model, the steel rims (and I would venture to say the alloy rims) on the SE are not wide enough, IMHO -- and so much bulbous sidewall is evident (which makes for a more numb turn-in). I grant you that the ride would be equivalent between S and SE (despite the difference in tire diameter).

To each their own. I would not say the S model is being in the penalty box, especially if you want to undertake mods.

·
Banned
571 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about the front seat... I have a 2012 SE and I have one... The rear seat armrest only comes with the Tuscany-Red Leather package in the SE, unavailable in S and standard on SEL and Ti
If you're talking about about the piece that folds down and has cupholders, I have that in my Ti.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i mean i only got the car cause of mpg and i didnt want to pay for stuff im not gonna use. I know the sync is awesome and stuff but honestly i dont use it or satelite radio or nothing. Had a sunroof in my last car and never used it. But honestly an arm rest....who would ever think u would need an upgraded package on a car for a front row armrest? im still super happy with my car though.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow, I looked at pics of an S model for sale on ebay, and sure enough there's no front armrest. Well, I guess when you buy the low model, you can't expect too much in the way of luxuries.. Mmm, crank windows.

At the very least you get the same engine and transmission and quiet ride as those of us who shelled out over 10 grand more for the same car :p

·
Registered
459 Posts
I imagine Ford will do an aftermarket armrest just like they have done for the Fiesta. If not, no big deal really. Enjoy your car! :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wow, I looked at pics of an S model for sale on ebay, and sure enough there's no front armrest. Well, I guess when you buy the low model, you can't expect too much in the way of luxuries.. Mmm, crank windows.

At the very least you get the same engine and transmission and quiet ride as those of us who shelled out over 10 grand more for the same car :p
Crank windows, only for the rear seat occupants; PW for the front.

This is typical for entry-level cars in Europe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts