Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
AC at full blast still not cold enough

Hi All!

I see there have been a few similar problems I have with my AC in my 2012 Focus SEL. I live in NJ and it has been hot lately but, the AC has been a huge disappointment. My wife drives a 2012 Edge and hers works like a charm. I realize there will be a difference between the two but, I'd say hers at the lowest fan speed would put mine to shame at full blast. I have to turn it to 60 degrees and i still sweat my behind off. I see that it could be a problem with the dampers or the freon. My question is if you have had a similar problem, was the problem solved and what was diagnosed? I'm bringing it in Saturday morning and I just hope they don't turn me away with no answers. 2,000 miles on the car and the AC is downright pathetic. Thanks all!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I got mine out of the shop today, it was OVERCHARGED! It seems to be ok at best. I would think a new car should make it uncomfortably cold, but it just cools well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got mine out of the shop today, it was OVERCHARGED! It seems to be ok at best. I would think a new car should make it uncomfortably cold, but it just cools well.
Oh I agree. I should want to turn it off completely. Instead I'm wishing it went lower than 60 degrees.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone have any information the TBS for the strut issue? Mine make a lot of noise and I'd like to have something to reference when I go in. :/

·
Registered
3 Posts
A/c comes on when I start vehicle

I just bought a brand new titanium hatch for some reason just recently when I start the car it always turns the air on even though I turn it off before I turn the car off. It never did this before I would turn of the car and come back and turn the car on and te a/c would be just how I left it off. Now for some reason it's turning on by itself. Does anyone know what I maybe doing wrong.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just bought a brand new titanium hatch for some reason just recently when I start the car it always turns the air on even though I turn it off before I turn the car off. It never did this before I would turn of the car and come back and turn the car on and te a/c would be just how I left it off. Now for some reason it's turning on by itself. Does anyone know what I maybe doing wrong.
Do you use the AC set to Auto ? Turn it off after you disable the Auto mode and see what happens at restart.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Could your climate control be on ''Auto'' ? If it is, and it's hot when you start the car, the AC will kick-in each time you launch the engine.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Forgive me for not reading all 13 pages of the thread...

Anyway, I noticed a very repeatable thing on our long road trip a couple weeks ago. Set to 72, the system blows cold, noticeably chilled (and de-humidified, i.e. compressor is on) air... yet when I raise it to 73, the air is noticeably warmer and more humid. Have any of you seen the same behavior?

Obviously there are going to be some cutoffs built into the system, but it seems kind of off to me to be able to feel such a marked difference from a one-degree temperature change.

I've got a Ti with a full Auto system. Outdoor temperatures during the trip were in the 90-100 degree F range.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have these same problems in my 2012 SE. When I go to the dealer for my TSBs I'm going to have them look at it. The humid air that comes out when A/C is on (and recycle air) feels and smells nasty.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
No I have never used auto I usually have temp set to LO and fan speed usually at 1 or 2. Is that what you are asking?
My a/c takes FOREVER to cool the car down. I just don't think it's adequate for the car.
I have these same problems in my 2012 SE. When I go to the dealer for my TSBs I'm going to have them look at it. The humid air that comes out when A/C is on (and recycle air) feels and smells nasty.
Hey guys -

Congrats on your new purchase, davibir! [thumb] I recommend reading about this in your owner's manual; access an online version here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage.

If the AC isn't functioning properly, I recommend making an appointment with your dealers as soon as possible. If you'd like, please drop me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information; I'll forward these details to your Customer Service Managers.

...Set to 72, the system blows cold, noticeably chilled (and de-humidified, i.e. compressor is on) air... yet when I raise it to 73, the air is noticeably warmer and more humid. Have any of you seen the same behavior?...
I know you've been working with your dealer on other things. Have you talked to them about this as well?

Have a good week,

Thomas

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
as has been said before, your a/c compresor has a clutch pack built into it to prevent over-pressure of the a/c lines. It disengages at fairly low RPM's to prolong its life. Seems to be at about 3500 RPM's...

·
Registered
647 Posts
I know you've been working with your dealer on other things. Have you talked to them about this as well?
Nope - only because it hadn't seemed as though something might be awry until I saw the posts on here.

The dangers of shared experience... [loveff]

I'll probably ask them to check it out next time it's in.

·
Registered
49 Posts
AC problems

My AC blows pretty cold most of the time, but my problem is that after running it for about 15 minutes, the car starts to vibrate heavily when idling at a stop.

I have a MT Focus SE, with 40k miles on. It just started doing this about 5k miles ago.

Took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure out what the reason was either, no codes and no good reason why it does it sometimes and not all the time. Charged me $150 to diagnose for nothing.. really sucks.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Nope - only because it hadn't seemed as though something might be awry until I saw the posts on here.

The dangers of shared experience... [loveff]

I'll probably ask them to check it out next time it's in.
It sounds like your dealer will be very busy (as they should be) on your Focus. Remember to contact your CSM when you have enough free time to take it in. [thumb]

...after running it for about 15 minutes, the car starts to vibrate heavily when idling at a stop.

I have a MT Focus SE, with 40k miles on. It just started doing this about 5k miles ago.

Took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure out what the reason was either, no codes and no good reason why it does it sometimes and not all the time. Charged me $150 to diagnose for nothing.. really sucks.
If preferred, you can obtain a second opinion from another dealership. In addition, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information; I'll shoot this over to your area's Customer Service Manager. Your car and AC need to work together on their relationship! [:D]

When the both of you go in for service, please remember this link to save on anything routine: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ServiceCouponsPage.

Have a good weekend,

Thomas

141 - 160 of 338 Posts