Focus Fanatics Forum banner

281 - 300 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
A/c

xwhit3devilx, I think you may be right. That is the only thing I can figure. Overall, I absolutely love the car. The A/C is the only disappointment. I'm hoping there is a fix that develops from all this. I'm in Central Texas and need SERIOUS A/C in the summer!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
my a/c still doesn't perform well, and I don't see a point in taking it to another dealership until next year b/c the temp around here won't be above 76 until next year. yay! I don't know why biggc, what was your issue? just poor performance/not cold enough air? now it's very cold?
Hey DaeHanL,

Are you still experiencing concerns? Let me know and we'll go from there.

My A/c is going pretty much the same thing. Only works like 50% of the time and when it does, it isnt as cold as it should. I took it in last month, service advisor at first couldnt "duplicate", then had mechanice test drive and determined a pressure switch was faulty and replaced. Went to pick it back up the next day and still same issue. I rented a car for 2 days (Chevy) while it was being worked on the A/c was ice cold. Wife's Honda A/c is ice cold. 2010 Focus I had was ice cold.
To clarify, you're still experiencing this concern, right?

Here's my bad experience with the AC:
2013 Focus with Manual AC, 8000KM
The AC button is always illuminated, no matter how hard I push it down, it's always illuminated. Same issue happen with the Air Recirculation button. Every time I move the knob to the number one (2,3,4), the AC and the A Recirculation button are illuminated, that means I can never get some fresh air into the cabin or just use some vent air (not AC cold air) what can I do?
TY for your inputs
Have you considered visiting your local Ford Dealer. In addition, you may contact Ford Motor Company S. A. de C. V. at 01-800-719-8466.

I too have problems in stop and go traffic with the a/c not blowing cold air. I bought this car used a month ago and it is wonderful shape otherwise. Seems practically brand new.
Have you been to the dealership for this, jp1741? Let me know and I'll check things out on my end.

Todd

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. Not yet. Dealerships can be quite expensive when it comes to diagnosing a problem. I would rather know what we're looking for. The A/C is just not good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A/C And Defrost not working properly

I Just bought this car 2 mos ago. I like everything about it except that the ac does not always blow cold air! Also the rear defroster does not work at all. Took back to dealership and service department had car for 3 days and said they did not find anything wrong. I searched on internet and found a lot of other people has had same issue. I am pleased I found this website to provide good information. I hope someone reads this post so I know I can stay COOL and be able to see out the back window.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 focus I bought new. AC has always been sporadically cold. Now with 35k miles and two trips to the dealer it still isn't fixed.

Now dealer is telling me that if I drive over 36k they don't have to fix it under warranty. Yikes. This doesn't pass my sniff test. They simply can't fix it so if they drag it longer they can start charging me? Wow.

Last week they put 2 oz of coolant. Next day it's blowing hot air on occasion. I call and bring it in again they and they send me home. No fix. No leaks in coolant.

Ambient temp here was 41 F yesterday and the air temp coming out the AC vent was 75F. I took a pic and sent it to the service manager. No reply.

Frustration doesn't begin to explain when they tried telling me my warranty is about up.

·
Registered
484 Posts
AC--- not up to par!!

Ok-to get it somewhat cool it must be run on at least 3-4 fan and always on recirculating....The dealer says this is how it operates & all systems are normal.. WOW!! Has anybody on here found a fix --Any ideas---the Ford rep here has been fine but they aren't techs--(maybe somebody---even the Ford rep can direct me?) thanks[wrenchin] getting hot now as summer approaches---------

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
I am amazed I am the only '12 Focus with an AC problem??
My AC sucked the first year, was noticeably better the second, and still works great now. I just leave mine on auto though, and don't know much about the manual setups. It sounded to me like a lot of the early models were over-serviced but I can't say for sure, I just seem to remember reading that often. I do leave mine on recirc after letting it blew cool for a couple minutes with the windows cracked.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I am amazed I am the only '12 Focus with an AC problem??
Mine seems to work fine - only AC problem I've had so far was cracked AC compressor belt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ford 2012 Focus

I just back from the mechanic who told me my A/C compressor had frozen up. I was also told I was just over 36k miles, just over warranty. If this is a part or Ford assembly issue, I'd like to know. I have taken impeccable care of this new car driving in moderate CA weather, and I think needing a compressor after two years of ownership is ridiculous! This is also the 4th Ford I have owned, and the third with a heater or A/C issue. Two YEARS from the show room floor!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ac issue

Yep that's what I've been thinking all along---a weak AC compressor but Ford won't admit it..... anybody else??[chair]

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 Ford Focus A/C Issues

I just tried to turn on the A/C on my 2012 Ford Focus and the engine shuttered off. Took the car to a mechanic who told me the A/C compressor is frozen up. Have to bring the car into a Ford dealership tomorrow to pay for another diagnostic. But I can see the discussion thread here, it seems like Ford is having their issues with A/C compressors. We will see where this goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Compressor finally went out 2012 Ford Focus

I just bought this 2012 Focus with less than 10,000 miles on it. The A/C seemed flaky when I bought it, but because I had rented the Ford Focus, I knew that was normal. I guess it is a defect. Fortunately for me the A/C went completely out and the dealer was able to see that the A/C was clearly not working. They checked out the system and determined that I needed a new compressor. The compressor was randomly kicking in after running for long periods of time and hot the rest of the time. It is getting fixed under warranty. I still love my 2012 Focus. Hoping that Ford is smart enough to use a different compressor and not the same ones that keep breaking. Getting it fixed at Margate Ford Coconut Creek Fl.

[loveff]
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
help!!!!!

i have a focus sel 4 door. its a 5speed and very loud. for some reason my ac i blowing hot air. i can work on anything but an ac. i took it to pep boys and they told me that my freon was full. and it would cost 200 to drain and fill. i just want to know why my ac isnt working. saturday im also gonna be driving from el paso tx to modesto ca and me and my wife would love to have an ac driving through the desert. any tips and tricks or help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A/c compressor problems 2012 ford focus!!

**A/C COMPRESSOR PROBLEMS 2012 FORD FOCUS!!**
I have a two year old Ford Focus SFE, the A/C compressor is frozen up, and I am a few hundred miles past warranty. Please beware, this could well be a defective mechanical problem judging my the string comments on A/C compressors in Focus models. Anyone else finding issues with their A/C compressor?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yep ac issues

Mine just hit 36000 I've took it in three times--I always felt AC was weak & still do..... Wish I really new answer....[:(]

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have 2012,after two months ac went out then 2 trips to dealer they put new compressor been fine every since.there are problems with these compressors they should take care of it .
good luck.

·
Registered
484 Posts
AC::: For some unknown reason---it was extremely hot here in the NE & my Focus started blowing 42* (it's haunted) how do you explain this now..........?

281 - 300 of 338 Posts