Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
once you load a tune to a car the device become "married" to that cars VIN.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Tom, 1turbofocus on here, Focus Power in the Vendor's section.

You'll see his threads/post throughout the Forum, contact info. in each post's Sig., and you can PM him here as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's not the price of the tune, it's the price of a damn flasher.

Do I want Tom to make money for his hard work and R&D he has brought to the community? Yes. But hundreds for a device that I'm going to use once or twice to load a tune then get thrown into my glove box? No.
Just my opinion, but after getting the tune it is a tiny price to pay for what you are getting. Ford should just hand it to you the moment you walk out of the dealership.

·
Registered
282 Posts
So if I still have a service agreement with my dealership... will I have to revert the programming back to stock every time I take the car in for service? Will they know the car has been programmed? If not... what if they change it while its in for service? I still have 30K miles left on my extended warranty and don't want to void it if they think I have modified it at all. I know that sounds paranoid... but I spent a lot of money on that warranty and do not want to lose it until it runs out. It's currently been helping me replace the suspension pieces that have worn out.

·
FF Affiliate
30,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes , any time you take your Focus into Ford always revert back to the stock Ford Tune
If Ford does an update and changes your strategy there is a 50.00 charge to make you a new Tune file for the new Strategy

Local Ford dealerships have no way to tell if you have loaded any Tunes

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Tom, I am still new to all this so please forgive my ignorance. I bought my 2015 SE a few weeks ago and still have warranty on the powertrain for 30k miles. I would like to get a good amount of power out of the car and maybe even turbocharge it in the future. My question is, if I take the car to a local tuner, could they create a custom tune that will not void my warranty at this stage?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Tom, I am still new to all this so please forgive my ignorance. I bought my 2015 SE a few weeks ago and still have warranty on the powertrain for 30k miles. I would like to get a good amount of power out of the car and maybe even turbocharge it in the future. My question is, if I take the car to a local tuner, could they create a custom tune that will not void my warranty at this stage?
Any tune will automatically void warranty if they find out.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts