Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because a lot of the older boosted guys dont read the MK3 Focus performance section I though because it was boost related I will post here as well

I have ready for some one to install a full turbo kit for a 2012-2015 Focus at a reduced rate 2500.00 with tune ( if you have flasher or flasher extra )

I am also making a custom turbo kit and here is some pictures

More to come

Tom

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
WHY HASN'T ANYONE PICKED THIS UP YET?

I don't have a place to install it right now, and my wife would murder me. By end of year, I will have one Tom!

·
FF Affiliate
30,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have made 240hp to the wheels so far , more tuning needed but the stock Inj duty cycle is still safe
The ST injectors are bigger and can change to those

Tom

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
How's the torque curve look with that turbo Tom? Nice and flat instead of early peak like the ST, I hope! Any info on the peak torque number coming out of it and at what RPM to give an idea of the curve's shape? Or, y'know, just post an "early" graph!

·
FF Affiliate
30,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only one I have partially tuned so far is the complete kit , I have not dynoed this custom kit yet , I hope to have the new intake manifold finished in 2-3 days and then change a few small things and then on the dyno

I will post more pictures and the dyno as it moves along

Tom

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love hearing updates about this kit! Keep it up Tom! You're opening up a whole new world for us folks who don't have/can't afford an ST!

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Best part is, in the end, this will bust an ST's ass in power delivery. Lighter weight, less restrictive manifold/head, and a turbo that's actually large enough to support a 2.0L motor.

·
FF Affiliate
30,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best part is, in the end, this will bust an ST's ass in power delivery. Lighter weight, less restrictive manifold/head, and a turbo that's actually large enough to support a 2.0L motor.
Thats the idea , I waited so long for the ST and when I drove it at about 3rd gear and 4800 I had a look on my face like " what happen " and " where did the power go " cause it just died , you could feel it , it was a hugh disappointment and why I wont make anything for them

I have had about 10 guys with ST drive my SVT making 250hp / 261tq and say how much better it bulls all the way to 7000 and you dont feel it falling off above 5000

So the plan is for better after 4000 rpm hp and tq

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts