Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I called dealer to get latches done.
So... Now I am on a waiting list (told it was a long list) to get the latches done.
"They will call me when they get the parts for my car in"..
I am hunkering down for a long wait.
(If i would have known about the wait, I would have signed up sooner! )

·
Registered
795 Posts

So... Now I am on a waiting list (told it was a long list) to get the latches done.

Weird, the dealer near my college called me 5 times insisting I come in and get it done. No waiting list at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
My car was in for a set of clutches and they had the parts in stock to do my latches too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
__________/\__
2,126 Posts
Might be good not to be one of the first to have it done. Maybe by the time they get to your car, the tech will be adept at doing the repair without damaging your door panels.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I had the door latches done last month.
No problem.
Now I worry about the hatch recall for reprogramming the computer
For a few months plenty of folks had no car due to screw ups in ST with the programming killing the whole computer in the cars.

But I worry if I do NOT get it.. later on no one will be able to do it right ,and no replacement parts either!
So I am planning to get it this month. Fingers crossed!

·
Focus Addict
14,131 Posts
I had the door latches done last month.
No problem.
Now I worry about the hatch recall for reprogramming the computer
For a few months plenty of folks had no car due to screw ups in ST with the programming killing the whole computer in the cars.

But I worry if I do NOT get it.. later on no one will be able to do it right ,and no replacement parts either!
So I am planning to get it this month. Fingers crossed!
Make sure they have the correct version of the IDS software for the hatch release compliance recall, that was where the trouble is or was. They tried to accuse the car of being tuned for why the BCM wouldn't take a calibration, when they had the wrong software on their tool. Ford Service Engineering eventually corrected them and I had the car, but it took a couple of extra days over a weekend to get it back.

·
Registered
121 Posts
During an oil change visit in 2016 I asked about this recall and got it done for free.
I told them about a time when my doors would not close. It required removal of the plastic covers. Not sure why these were there but its a feature provided for sound and fitment.
Totally excited to have this done for free, primarily it made me feel Ford cared to take care of the situation.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
During an oil change visit in 2016 I asked about this recall and got it done for free.
I told them about a time when my doors would not close. It required removal of the plastic covers. Not sure why these were there but its a feature provided for sound and fitment.
Totally excited to have this done for free, primarily it made me feel Ford cared to take care of the situation.

Recalls are free as the dealer has to perform recalls and isn't an option.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Might be good not to be one of the first to have it done. Maybe by the time they get to your car, the tech will be adept at doing the repair without damaging your door panels.
Of course, after having done the same boring job hundreds of times, some techs just rush through it as quickly as possible, having become adept at cutting corners in ways that are not immediately obvious when the car is returned to the owner. Others will do the job conscientiously 'til the end. Unless you have a personal friend who is also the Service Manager at a Ford dealer it's "luck of the draw" who will do the work on your car.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts