Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Quick question I haven't received my letter but thinking outside the box I called my local dealership and they agreed to go on and due the recall but they told me that the driver side door is the only one that's on the recall, I was thinking it was all four doors. So anyone else run into that issue or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Quick question I haven't received my letter but thinking outside the box I called my local dealership and they agreed to go on and due the recall but they told me that the driver side door is the only one that's on the recall, I was thinking it was all four doors. So anyone else run into that issue or not. Thanks.
Who's your dealer? I'm in the KC area and would take my car in if I could get this addressed.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Quick question. Had my door latches replaced today and now the LED part of the tail lights won't turn off. Everything was fine before I had the recall done. Any ideas on how to fix it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I looked through the service procedure involved in replacing the latch. It is not pretty. Interior door trim, vapor barrier, window regulator, switch mechanism, door latch, a bunch of other stuff too - i seem to recall. Removing these things did not look easy. I know the average technician cannot perform this job flawlessly the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time.

Do your research. Find a good dealer with a good repair history that pays its technicians well (this means they will be above average). This is what I plan to do if I ever have to get this recall done - and I don't plan to unless I have symptoms.

My dealer is 1 for 3 for repairs. I do everything myself now.
Eesh that looks like a mess. Do you know how much access to the door the technicians will/ need? I have my doors covered in sound-deadening material and I have to remove stuff before I can bring it in. Will I have to remove everything? I also replaced the speakers. Will I have to remove that as well?

I really don't want to undo and redo my doors...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I would wait until the tech has done at least a dozen other latch recalls.
Why be the first test case?
Like any work, you want someone who has done it many times. Not the guy who has never done it.

I am going to wait. Since my door latch works fine.
Maybe in three to six months...

·
__________/\__
2,131 Posts
I would wait until the tech has done at least a dozen other latch recalls.
Why be the first test case?
Like any work, you want someone who has done it many times. Not the guy who has never done it.

I am going to wait. Since my door latch works fine.
Maybe in three to six months...
Sage advice. No telling how many cars they will mangle in the learning process.

they told me that the driver side door is the only one that's on the recall
The recall letter does not limit the risk of failure to the driver door so I believe the dealer who said it is only a problem with the driver door would need to show additional written documentation from Ford before I would believe that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a letter for the latches which said check the markings on the child lock to determine the next steps.

I had a look myself and it appeared nothing needed to be replaced.

Next I got the recall for the BCM update to implement a speed limit for the tailgate switch (manual trans only). When I took the car in for this, they replaced all the latches too, which I was somewhat surprised about!

Anyway... the retailer informed me all the open safety recalls are closed out for my VIN now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
does this affect the hatch as well on the hatback (obviously) everynow and then when I press the release button inside or on remote or use th ebutton on the hatch it wont open unless I push in and then itll unlatch. also now and then when I start the car and go to drive off I get a message saying the hatch is open even though I never went in it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They didn't due anything with my hatch latch. I'm having the same problem as you. If you find a fix let me know.
maybe tomorrow ill call my local ford and ask them if it applies to the trunk, thought id ask here first since the service departments were all closed when I saw this thread

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
does this affect the hatch as well on the hatback (obviously) everynow and then when I press the release button inside or on remote or use th ebutton on the hatch it wont open unless I push in and then itll unlatch. also now and then when I start the car and go to drive off I get a message saying the hatch is open even though I never went in it.
Do you drive a sedan?

·
Registered
14 Posts
They didn't due anything with my hatch latch. I'm having the same problem as you. If you find a fix let me know.
my ford said that the recall is specifically for the side doors and the hatch is not effected. I sprayed some lube (like wd40) in the latch and will see how it goes over the next few weeks as it was an intermittent issue I was having

Do you drive a sedan?
no that's why I was aksing about the hatch

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
my ford said that the recall is specifically for the side doors and the hatch is not effected. I sprayed some lube (like wd40) in the latch and will see how it goes over the next few weeks as it was an intermittent issue I was having

no that's why I was aksing about the hatch
I would look at the hatch bumper. The way you describe it, you need to push in the hatch so it can open. The bumper are extended too much maybe. Can you take a picture ? I'll compare with mine (and my car is fine).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would look at the hatch bumper. The way you describe it, you need to push in the hatch so it can open. The bumper are extended too much maybe. Can you take a picture ? I'll compare with mine (and my car is fine).
Occasionally I need to, not everytime id say about 30-40% of the time and the trunk being "opened" on the display on the dash is very rare happened about 3-4 times and ive owned the car almost 4 months are you talking about one of these 2 things?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Occasionally I need to, not everytime id say about 30-40% of the time and the trunk being "opened" on the display on the dash is very rare happened about 3-4 times and ive owned the car almost 4 months are you talking about one of these 2 things?
No. Look on the left side and right side. It's a hard rubber piece. Ill take a picture later today and show it to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I've noticed water is settling on the rocker plate in between the seals at the bottom of the LH rear door after a rain storm.

I don't remember this happening before the latch recall was performed. I'm assuming the vapor barrier has been disturbed in the door.

Now I just have to decide if I want to follow up with the retailer, or look into it myself...

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I've noticed water is settling on the rocker plate in between the seals at the bottom of the LH rear door after a rain storm.

I don't remember this happening before the latch recall was performed. I'm assuming the vapor barrier has been disturbed in the door.

Now I just have to decide if I want to follow up with the retailer, or look into it myself...

·
Registered
795 Posts

I've always had this problem with my rear doors, long before I had the latches replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 71 Posts