Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just built this and put it together today. I'm in love. Bye bye factory amber turn signal, hello 1840 actual lumens of backup deliciousness!

·
Registered
51 Posts
So I assume the amber/turn signal lights come on when the car is put into reverse? And you just replaced the turn signal bulb with a white one?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I assume the amber/turn signal lights come on when the car is put into reverse? And you just replaced the turn signal bulb with a white one?
Essentially, but it's a lot more work than just swapping bulbs around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did this in the past using switch back led bulbs. I used a new harness like you would have on the stop/running lights. I wired the turning signal to the amber lead of the switchback and the white lead to the reverse. Then swapped out the reverse for a similar led. Has quad led reverse lamps that would also flash amber when you signal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am intrigued
It's an awesome setup. Attached a video down below

I did this in the past using switch back led bulbs. I used a new harness like you would have on the stop/running lights. I wired the turning signal to the amber lead of the switchback and the white lead to the reverse. Then swapped out the reverse for a similar led. Has quad led reverse lamps that would also flash amber when you signal
Yeah I had that thought. But to get the brightest bulb available, there was no switchback option. And its not a simple swap on the focus sadly. Hatch harnesses are a pain in the ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsrmuh0Fd7E

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad you posted the video.. That makes a little more sense as to how much you actually changed the sequence of events. Do you end up doing relays for the trigger and interrupt on the high beam flash? For example, If you are on the brake and hit the signal does it interrupt the brake signal and just flash on that side?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you posted the video.. That makes a little more sense as to how much you actually changed the sequence of events. Do you end up doing relays for the trigger and interrupt on the high beam flash? For example, If you are on the brake and hit the signal does it interrupt the brake signal and just flash on that side?
I actually didnt run the brake to the lower bulb, just kept the running light there and added the signal input. I was originally going to, but decided against it. Brake just stays on the top bulb for now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually didnt run the brake to the lower bulb, just kept the running light there and added the signal input. I was originally going to, but decided against it. Brake just stays on the top bulb for now.
duh.. i dont know what I was thinking.. i looked at it completely bass ackwards..LOL [boxface]

either way.. looks and works very nice. good job! [wrenchin]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
duh.. i dont know what I was thinking.. i looked at it completely bass ackwards..LOL [boxface]

either way.. looks and works very nice. good job! [wrenchin]
Thank ya sir. Been wanting to do it for a while now, just never got around to it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts