I agree and understand I am answering older posts here. The poll is a great idea and no surpsrie, shows the majority have no problems.No offense Woggy but the construction of your poll is flawed. Choice 4 is:
"Dead - needed major work and/or replacement at some point [but] if it's running and still moving, use answer 3"
and yet answer 3 states:
"Sounds like it's dying, but running. Dealer says it's normal."
By the way you constructed your poll, anybody who has had major work done but got their car running again and back on the road should choose answer 3. You are lumping everybody who has had major work done in with people who have never had any work done but think it sounds like it is dying
By the way you worded your poll, only cars that are dead and permanently parked should choose answer 4. I doubt that anybody has a 2012, 2013 or 2014 Focus that is permanently out of service because the DCT can't be fixed.
So reading your poll literally, nobody should ever choose answer 4.
Here is what I would go with:
1. No problems - seems to be fine and I'm happy with it
2. Quirky and odd - but still running. No software updates performed.
3. Shuddering and/or grinding but running. No work other than software updates performed. Dealer says it's operating within parameters.
4. Major repair performed or in process of or waiting for repair (seals, clutch pack, solenoids) or complete transmission replacement
5. Sold it or traded it in because I got tired of dealing with the DCT issue.
But the question spread should be wider between everything s fine and car is dead.
There is a whole area of owners who have been in to the dealer 3-4-5 times with no final fix.
To them its not fine, not quirky and not dead.