Focus Fanatics Forum banner

DCT - no problems or problems

• No problems - seems to be fine and I'm happy with it

Votes: 66 47.5%
  • Quirky and odd - but still running. (meaning no problems)

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Sounds like it's dying, but running. Dealer says it's normal.

Votes: 23 16.5%
  • Dead - needed major work and/or replacement at some point (if it's running and still moving, use ans

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, I realize that there are users on here with some serious DCT issues, but there are many users that also have no issues. Without digging to deep into the problem pool, can you honestly and briefly answer the poll?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a 2012 with a dct and love it. I had some issues out the door. Most of it had to do with me getting used to driving it like a traditional automatic rather than thinking of it like a manual. I had them update the computer and havent had any issues for the last 24000 miles.
Its not for everyone though. If you're looking to buy do a LONG test drive before you decide. Dont worry about the highway, stick to city streets with lots of stop and go. Make sure to do some California stops too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had to answer the option "Quirky and odd - but still running. (meaning no problems)" but in reality it really is in between this and the next option. LOL I'll know next week when I get my car back to see what they will say about my clutch and the behavior. My dealer is a good one--especially since I have family in management and I used to work there so they won't screw around. Or at least I hope not...

·
Registered
100 Posts
"Sounds like dying but still running"
Well my car has been running great till yesterday when i was at a stop n stepped on the gas and didnt want to go and let go and then stepped on it again and took off normal....took it to the dealer today and they said its something to do with some sensors from the clutch but it will be all normal after reprogramming it....but other than that runs like a champ

·
__________/\__
2,136 Posts
ok, I realize that there are users on here with some serious DCT issues, but there are many users that also have no issues. Without digging to deep into the problem pool, can you honestly and briefly answer the poll?
No offense Woggy but the construction of your poll is flawed. Choice 4 is:

"Dead - needed major work and/or replacement at some point [but] if it's running and still moving, use answer 3"

and yet answer 3 states:

"Sounds like it's dying, but running. Dealer says it's normal."

By the way you constructed your poll, anybody who has had major work done but got their car running again and back on the road should choose answer 3. You are lumping everybody who has had major work done in with people who have never had any work done but think it sounds like it is dying

By the way you worded your poll, only cars that are dead and permanently parked should choose answer 4. I doubt that anybody has a 2012, 2013 or 2014 Focus that is permanently out of service because the DCT can't be fixed.

So reading your poll literally, nobody should ever choose answer 4.

Here is what I would go with:
_________________________________________________________________________________________

1. No problems - seems to be fine and I'm happy with it

2. Quirky and odd - but still running. No software updates performed.

3. Shuddering and/or grinding but running. No work other than software updates performed. Dealer says it's operating within parameters.

4. Major repair performed or in process of or waiting for repair (seals, clutch pack, solenoids) or complete transmission replacement

5. Sold it or traded it in because I got tired of dealing with the DCT issue.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No. I may not have worded it to your liking, but I did note to just briefly pick one.

Three is for those that have concerns because of a few issues and the grinding sounds.

Option Four would be those that are either in the middle of a repair or those that had them done and are back on the road. The repair would not erase the choosing of option four.

And there are some on this forum that yes, are still fighting to get their car repaired. Some have been told it's going to be a few weeks to months (six weeks to me would equal two months).

I just was hoping to get a quick sampling of the people here.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Like Wavsine, no category for me. Needs a new clutch, waiting for parts but still moving. Dealer doesn't say it's normal.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Waiting for some poor soul to come on here complaining about a certain used P.O.S 2012 black titanium with dual exhaust modded that he ended up buying.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
I really think one of these polls needs to be done excluding vehicles with less than X amount of miles (say 20,000 miles). These issues tend to pop up for owners after some time. It would tell a better story if we knew that those without issues had actually accumulated some miles.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts