Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Built Engine for boost would be about half that 8,000.00 cost

Tom
Including all parts, labor, machining, reinstall... I couldnt get that done here for 4 grand, the pistons alone would be around $600

·
FF Affiliate
30,348 Posts
The 2.0 / 2.3 Duratec we sell now is 3750.00 for 600hp

The 2012+ Does cost a little more at 4250.00 for 600hp

If we figure install of the engine add 600.00 so were looking at 4850.00 but the ST Engine would also have to be installed but at a higher cost of about 2500.00 so we have to keep apples with apples , meaning I didnt list cost that would also have to be done to install the ST swap , install engine , Tune , 3 inch Exh etc

Im still at less then half the 10,000.00 mark where you said 8-10,000.00 ( for engine ) with 600hp engine installed for 4850.00 add my DIY kit fully done and installed 5500.00 ( high side ) for 600hp and your still at the 10,000.00 mark you thought the engine alone would cost

I have customers that have spent 6000.00 to get to 400hp with there ST

Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There has certainly been a lot of good information being discussed here. I really wanted to go the turbo route. I was wanting to do the st swap or just turbo the 2.0L. Recently I found out that my wife is pregnant we are very happy and excited. With that in mind financially things are changing. I do like the idea of doing the esslinger cams, header/2.5 exhaust and tuner with Tom's tune for a DCT car. I have a friend who could port and polish the head. I would love to sit close to 200 hp but also need to keep cost as low as possible

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The plan is to find a replacement engine with no more than 50k on it. I plan to purchase the xcal4 tuner and Tom's dct tune along with a 180 thermostat, it has a K&N replacement filter in the factory air box. Hold on to the head from the engine currently in my car to later have some work done on it. Possibly cams, definitely do a header and exhaust. I would like to stay somewhere in the 1k range. I would be satisfied with 175-200hp

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There has certainly been a lot of good information being discussed here. I really wanted to go the turbo route. I was wanting to do the st swap or just turbo the 2.0L. Recently I found out that my wife is pregnant we are very happy and excited. With that in mind financially things are changing. I do like the idea of doing the esslinger cams, header/2.5 exhaust and tuner with Tom's tune for a DCT car. I have a friend who could port and polish the head. I would love to sit close to 200 hp but also need to keep cost as low as possible
Suggest you don't touch the head. Esslinger already did the testing and found the 2.0 TIVCT head to be one of the best flowing heads they have tested even surpassing the ST head. Esslinger also has the cams for sale for the TIVCT on their website under 2.0 Duratec. Do all the N/A mods you can like TB, 180 thermostat, CAI, exhaust, headers, and the Tune. Then when you have the money go ahead and do the Esslinger Stage 2 cams or stage 3 if you decide to rebuild with better internals. If you're happy with the power then stop there, if not, then go ahead and do what Tom has suggested and get his turbo kit. Better than having to almost strip down the entire car and go around looking for a used or wrecked ST just to swap to an ST engine that at the end of the day is going to need more parts like Tom stated.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Suggest you don't touch the head. Esslinger already did the testing and found the 2.0 TIVCT head to be one of the best flowing heads they have tested even surpassing the ST head. Esslinger also has the cams for sale for the TIVCT on their website under 2.0 Duratec. Do all the N/A mods you can like TB, 180 thermostat, CAI, exhaust, headers, and the Tune. Then when you have the money go ahead and do the Esslinger Stage 2 cams or stage 3 if you decide to rebuild with better internals. If you're happy with the power then stop there, if not, then go ahead and do what Tom has suggested and get his turbo kit. Better than having to almost strip down the entire car and go around looking for a used or wrecked ST just to swap to an ST engine that at the end of the day is going to need more parts like Tom stated.

Sent from my 2PS64 using FF Mobile
Lol, that is why Esslinger is offering a port and polish option on that head because there is no gains to be had.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Lol, that is why Esslinger is offering a port and polish option on that head because there is no gains to be had.
They offer it because they can and will make money off of it even if the stock head is more than capable for the power that any of us will make. Unless you decide to build a monster race engine. Like I said they'll offer because they can make money off of it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is true lol and nothing wrong with a gofundme page. When times are tough we all gotta do what we gotta do. Thanks for the support I can't wait to have my car driveable again I miss her lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is wrong with these engines burning oil? Sorry to drop in on your thread but I’m on my second engine, had 37,000 miles on it when I installed, burned Roughy 30 qts in 12,000 miles over the past year and two months, original engine went at 118,000 miles, no oil light anytime at all. And this one doesn’t tell warn me either. I just check it before every use. Still owe on the car and bottom end started knocking the other day so I’m thinking about going turbo next swap, after I build but no luck finding full rebuild. Any help info advice? Greatly Appreciated.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts