Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2012 Titanium on Saturday. I ordered it in June. When I placed the order, I ordered the 17" Polished Alloy wheels, and it came with the Painted ones instead. They made a mistake when ordering it and used the wrong code. The dealer gave me the option of not taking delivery, and they would get me the correct wheels. However, they weren't sure how long it would take. The other option was to take delivery, then be responsible for replacing the wheels myself (if I so choose). I decided to take delivery with the wrong wheels because I don't hate them, they are just not my first choice. Anyway, I'll admit I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to swapping stuff on a car...if I decide to replace them, what would be a fair asking price for these 17" painted wheels once my new polished ones come in? I figure they will have approximately 1-2K miles on them by the time the new ones come in. I'm basically trying to figure out if it's worth replacing them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
are they the black painted ones? I will trade ya some 18's. I'll be around muskegon Mi next weekend and could meet up to make the swap. Let me know. They have about 8k miles on them though, but are sweeet. I like the smoother ride of the bigger tires. These are the low profile performance pavement pounders.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they are the black painted ones. I think I'm gonna buy the 17" polished alloy ones, though. Any interest in buying these black painted ones when my polished alloys come in? I'm just looking to offset the cost of buying the polished alloy wheels.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
I would try and find someone local that's willing to swap, so you're not out any money. No way you'll get your money out of those wheels.

Vittle, I may take you up on that offer if no one else is interested...I really do like my wheels but it'll save me some money in not having to buy summer tires next year.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joeywhat thanks for your comment. I agree I won't get my money back completely. Assuming I sold them outright, do you think asking $1000 is too much/not enough? I'm just trying to get a feel for what to expect so I can make a decision.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Well if you figure the rubber on each wheel is worth around $100 each and a new wheel from a new car would cost at least $150, then no thats not too much to ask for.

More/less on the asking price just depends on how soon you want to sell them and how bad someone wants to buy them. I cant say I've seen many new wheels from the latest gen focus sell on the buy/sell forum, so I cant say what they actually would go for.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
I don't think you'll get $1000. I think someone else here recently sold (or had for sale) a set of painted 17's with rubber, for $600. I don't remember if they sold or not, it would be worthwhile to look it up.

Naturally there's a market for everything and someone, somewhere will pay just about whatever your asking price is...just be ready to hold onto them for a while. Remember that they're OEM rims, and 99% of people who want them probably ordered them with their car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts