Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a thing in the mail about a law suit against ford on the power shift on the focus from 12-14 and some fiestas as well. I'm just wondering if anyone has a better insight about it. I've had to replace my TCM and clutch each once already and next month will make a year since I've had the car. You can tell the clutch is breaking down again my bud reprograms it for me and works fine for couple days. But I have never paid a cent for the repairs since it's been under extended warranties. I'm just curious if I would still be able to get my car repurchased and all that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
So I got a thing in the mail about a law suit against ford on the power shift on the focus from 12-14 and some fiestas as well. I'm just wondering if anyone has a better insight about it. I've had to replace my TCM and clutch each once already and next month will make a year since I've had the car. You can tell the clutch is breaking down again my bud reprograms it for me and works fine for couple days. But I have never paid a cent for the repairs since it's been under extended warranties. I'm just curious if I would still be able to get my car repurchased and all that....

What do you mean by repurchased? The settlement in the lawsuit is a cash pay out or incentives towards trading in the car if you have had the clutch replaced more than 3 times or had the TCM reprogrammed more than 3 times all having been done by a Ford authorized dealer. Or I also believe certain combinations of the 2. The car can still be resold or trading in but this does tank the resale value harder than it was already tanking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by repurchased? The settlement in the lawsuit is a cash pay out or incentives towards trading in the car if you have had the clutch replaced more than 3 times or had the TCM reprogrammed more than 3 times all having been done by a Ford authorized dealer. Or I also believe certain combinations of the 2. The car can still be resold or trading in but this does tank the resale value harder than it was already tanking.

In the letter it says something about repurchase as in I give my car back I thought. I will definitely have to change clutch again and my tcm is shit again as well because it takes second time turning the key over before I get anything every single time. These parts will always be an issue practically it seems like and the extended warranty will eventually be gone. Ford dealers have always done the work for me yeah. My bud works at ford dealer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
In the letter it says something about repurchase as in I give my car back I thought. I will definitely have to change clutch again and my tcm is shit again as well because it takes second time turning the key over before I get anything every single time. These parts will always be an issue practically it seems like and the extended warranty will eventually be gone. Ford dealers have always done the work for me yeah. My bud works at ford dealer.

Yeah, if you fall under one of the requirements in the letter then they will give you incentives to trade your car in to be able to buy a new car or if you want a cash payout. All in the letter(I got the same letter lol)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, if you fall under one of the requirements in the letter then they will give you incentives to trade your car in to be able to buy a new car or if you want a cash payout. All in the letter(I got the same letter lol)

Didn't really say who qualified just all the focus owners or leased people so I was curious. Thanks lol

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
All of the lawsuits going around only apply to the people who have had multiple repairs done to their MK3 with the DCT. if you have never had it to the dealer for repair or have only had it repaired once then you most likely wont qualify.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All of the lawsuits going around only apply to the people who have had multiple repairs done to their MK3 with the DCT. if you have never had it to the dealer for repair or have only had it repaired once then you most likely wont qualify.

I have had it replaced once for clutch and another time for tcm but like I said I had to get my clutch reprogrammed already and mechanic says all it does is practically chip away...

·
Registered
40 Posts
2012 Focus SE: I just had the clutch pack and TCM replaced, at 69,000 miles, and it didn't cost me anything. After the fix, however, it seemed to me that the car drove better, specifically that part and full throttle downshifts were faster, or happen more readily. Like with deteriorating struts, I suspect that I didn't appreciate how much the car had changed over time, in part because it's not the only car I drive, and I may not drive it every week. My point is that even those who think they have not had an issue with the automatic transmission might want to compare their car to a newer vehicle, to try to verify if they have been affected by this problem.

Everything had been fine with my car until I stopped at a light, and the car just wouldn't move when I put my foot back on the gas. Two minutes later I was able to pull off the road. An hour later I was able to drive 5 miles toward the dealer before the car seemed to be "in neutral", and I coasted to a stop. Another hour later I drove another 5 miles into the dealership.

·
Registered
500 Posts
yeah kinda sucks there`s no allowance for depreciation and if you only got like 50K mileon the vehicle, what good is 300-400 bucks to release ford of all responsibilities when you still got 50k of warranty left , iam sure the lawyers are making out good, unless you can go lemon law

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any one have word on this? Since I got the letter already had to replace tcm clutch and all parts to do with it AGAIN. Reverse goes out unexpectedly my acceleration just quits going up mountains. Driving and stopping through traffic just breaks it down so bad. LEMON

1 - 13 of 13 Posts