Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile C&D got 7.5 second times, 2010 it was like 8.5.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Make sure traction control is off.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Also, make sure it's in Sport Mode, hold the brake down and give it gas until it revs to about 2,500RPM then release the brake.

You can try launching at different RPM's until you find the sweet spot that gives you the most traction with the most acceleration.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Elevation is also a factor. Tire pressure, air temp and humidity, wind, shift points...so many factors.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yea, and i think 8.1 is pretty good for the automatic since I doubt C&D went and tried to launch it. If you do you should be able to score better times. Although, was this 8.1 in sport mode?
Posted via FF Mobile
I'm pretty sure they do whatever they can (other than neutral drops) to get the best times. Consumer Reports doesn't launch, that's why their times are always so far off from the other magazines.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
297 Posts
C&D hammers them about as hard as they can, and I'm always a little suspicious that the cars they get are tweaked. All that said, the 0-60 times in the carzines give you a relative notion of what you'll get compared to other vehicles; no guarantee your car will achieve those numbers.
It's better times than what I'm driving now, and that's among my reasons for the purchase.
Moon

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
C&D hammers them about as hard as they can, and I'm always a little suspicious that the cars they get are tweaked. All that said, the 0-60 times in the carzines give you a relative notion of what you'll get compared to other vehicles; no guarantee your car will achieve those numbers.
It's better times than what I'm driving now, and that's among my reasons for the purchase.
Moon

This is true, even though a new C6 corvette can race to 60 in 4.3 seconds according to journalists, some average joe may only get there in 5.5 seconds...all depends on the person and the conditions.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Just turbo it! [headbang]

·
Registered
968 Posts
This is true, even though a new C6 corvette can race to 60 in 4.3 seconds according to journalists, some average joe may only get there in 5.5 seconds...all depends on the person and the conditions.
Posted via FF Mobile
very true, when the WRX first came out I smoked one at the dragstrip running a 15.5 in my CRX... the guy just didn't know how to launch it right.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 15 of 15 Posts