Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else with a 2011 Focus SES having the same problems with the peeling of the clear coat on the titanium rims? It started, after this winter, when I noticed the peeling on one rim... Then, on all four of them. I asked my Ford dealership (which I had purchased the tire and rim warranty from) and they are asking for a $500 deductible to replace all four rims. Maybe it's just me, but I've heard of them peeling quite frequently on other Foci, as well. Has anyone had any luck in getting Ford to replace the rims without the deductible? Part of me would like to fight to keep the bad rims, have them replace them with new ones, and powder coat the old ones for the winter time to keep the new rims from peeling... Any ideas?

I have also noticed the peeling of my Ford emblem on the grille of my Focus. What the heck is going on with all of this peeling on my Focus? When I go to the junkyard and see a few of the same models, I always check the grilles... and EVERY one of them has the front emblem taken off... Never the rear emblem. Which, in my mind, I assume I can't be the only one with this issue. I'm getting a bit disappointed by it. I will most likely keep searching junkyards for the front emblem because a new grille emblem seems to range in the upper $30-40's.[?|]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Doesn't sound like much of a "warranty" they sold you (and I'm sure not through Ford).

A number of years ago that wheel type was selling aftermarket for that exact price ($125/rim) for non-current colors. Ones that match yours may be avail. now. Dealer price (and cost) was always much higher than "extra" production from other outlets.

P.S. - quick look up showed the three Ford styles at $149 to $160 at Tire Rack, your style only in light grey or black currently. Prices a little higher than '08 (grin).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Ford dealership offered a tire a rim warranty that covers the rims in case of pot hole damage, side wall damage, curbing of the rims, etc. They gave that warranty for free along with the oil changes for seven years or 75k, a scratch and dent coverage, and upgraded my warranty to the premium one. It might just be a dealership warranty. They're really nice about it, but I refuse to pay $500 for a bad coating job.

I have the papers and everything... Just bugs me because Ford didn't clear coat them the greatest... I would like to write to Ford but what good is that going to do.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Every 08 - 11 SES has or will have peeling paint on the rims. My solution was replace the peeling rims with SVT 5 spokes! =)

Ford wont replace or repair anything related to those chipping wheels. There are dozens of threads about it here. As for your emblem peeling, new to me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts