Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my factory subwoofer in my 2011 SES.....Looks to be an 8? Is that the correct size?

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah that is the correct size, I replaced mine with a 10" alpine type R-Thin took a bit to do but it can be done, regardless of weather you put in an 8 or a 10 you usually have to do some modifcations to the support where the sub goes. I can send you pictures if you need me to.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Mind posting up the pics of what you did? I'm interested in getting more sound out of mine withough plopping in a huge box also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sure im pretty sure there are how to's on this forum on how to do it as well... I only have finished pictures didnt really take any. But you get the basic jist of it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
btw your going to need some sort of sound processor or at least a LOC to get anything to work properly and amplify it.
This is a LOC *they are cheap and decent quality but doesnt fix the sound from your headunit*:
http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?24&cat=7

This is a sound processor *more expensive and fixes sound from factory HU*
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC8I/AudioControl-LC8i-Gray.html?tp=37274

I personally think the sound processors are awesome and you can keep your factory radio and sync etc. without having to make your dash look like a cheap plastic piece of poo.

I will try and post pictures tonight of what mine looks like now, just would have to take off my carpet again... pain in the butt.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Thanks for that. Reading about the AudioControl device, it looks like a PITA to install. Mapping wires, mounting that thing somewhere out of the way, THEN adding your equipment after all that just to get some decent sound from the RCA's... wow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
well thats what you have to do to make it sound professional in my opinion... its a lot easier then doing all of that work then using sound controllers and tuning the sound yourself in my opinion :) I really wish I would have taken pictures when I did it all, it really isnt all that difficult in my opinion... takes about a full days work to do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
basically if you wanted to theres a pioneer sub you can just plug and play with your current subwoofer and I believe you can get a little bit more punch out of it, but really I believe that the problem is most people just want noise... If you want it to sound friggin tits you gotta use a sound processor. If you just want noise wire in a sub and amp from your wires in the back of the powered sub and have at it. will take you twenty minutes to do probably.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts