Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a driver at work (he's probally in his 50's) that wants to let me play with his new 2011 focus. What can I do to this thing to add some hp sound and fun on the cheap?
Can I do a zetec knock mod? what about a basic air box mod I already removed the snorkle?
he has a 2.0 (this is not a svt) I will guess it's a duratec by the exhaust on the rear.
I can make or modify almost anything and have access to an entire tractor trailer rebuilding shop including other master diesel mechanics.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
you could start with a lunchbox delete and or remove as many restrictions in the exhaust as you can. You could also do a search for a short ram intake or something to that degree. I went with the big three on my '10, full intake, flex back exhaust and tuner. a little pricey at about $800 but you do get what you pay for (20HP at the wheels & +1mpg). best of luck.

·
Registered
542 Posts
-Intake (FSWERKS Cold-Air Intake)
-Exhaust & Headers (FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust & Race Headers)
-ECU Tune (Important when above two mods are done) (TurboTom does a good job here on FocusFanatics)
-Suspension Drop (Ford Racing FRPP Kit from Tousley Ford)
-Front & Rear Strut Bars (FSWERKS)
-High-Performance Summer Tires (Your Choice)

FSWERKS can be a little pricey but their stuff is really well made.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the intake is only like 8" long and it already breaths cold air and it's good size to the TB.
lunchbox delete <-- Should I tell him to buy his lunch? WTF is a lunchbox delete???
Chop and weld exhaust might work, we build don't buy off the shelf.
Strutbars, header and tune are overkill did you catch hes an older guy oin his 50's just wants MPG and sound good? Resnator chop or something along those lines might be good.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
A lunchbox delete ferers to the rear most resinator right behind the back bumper. its about the size of a lunchbox. YouTube has a few video/sound clips of people with that mod and how it sounds. I got the part about him being in his 50's.
You can get a tuner with a mileage tune if you wanted to pay for one.
Since you already did some intake work, I would def look to the exhaust next.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if I can tune it with my laptop at work? I can do e/f250s fo 550s I know.
It's fun to call up a ecm and tell it it's a fire truck and boost it to like 450hp with a few buttons but MPG you mean Gallons per foot. :)
But that lunch box is more in my domain. Some body get me a torch and a welder here we go. Any other basics like this I can do? Wifey dosen't give him a big budget.

·
Registered
761 Posts
To tune the car u would need an xcal 3 flasher to get access to the ecu
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about a ford dealer laptop. I can tell an f350 that it's not a pickup truck but that it is actually an ambulance.

Mabey I can tell the focus that it is actually a SVT?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Svt is a totally different engine.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Nope u can't the svt has a zetec engine the 2011 its a duratec is a different engine
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 10 of 10 Posts