Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have noticed on my focus during winter driving with heavy snow. If I leave the traction control on it will cut engine power and leave me stuck in the road. Now I have a button that will turn it off and that works in a straight line. Today I was on a non level road and the car started to fall toward the ditch. I turned the other way to correct this problem, however when i did the traction control turned its self back on. Cutting power and leaving me aimed at the ditch.

I figure they included this "feature" to limit damage to the CV axle, however I would think the damage from a ditch would be worse then the accelerated wear of the axle.

Anyone have some ideas to remove this "feature"?

I have thought of pulling the fuse but as I understand it that would turn off the ABS as well. Also a permanent disable would stop it from working on ice. Which works well.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It's stability control. You can do a nice burnout in the snow with the wheel cranked to the lock, but once the computer uses it's sensors and gyroscopes to determine you're going sideways, it will cut power.

No easy way to disable the stability control without also disabling ABS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts