Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting different answers when looking for this info.
Because chiltons says (0.049-0.053 in) mine are at 0.51. The problem I'm having is rough idle and sometimes hard to take off at stop signs after plug and pack change. I'm thinking of changing the gap to 0.049 what do you think. Seem like the cause and the fix?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Bosch 6709
Well you definitely don't want to use Bosch plugs in a Ford, I can tell you that much. Your best bet is to get either Autolites or OEM, preferrably the latter.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Alright thanks! What gap? Also you think those are the problem?
Straight from the owner's manual: .051 inch +/- .02

And yes those plugs could very well be the problem. Plugs especially can cause your car to idle rough.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Alright thanks! What gap? Also you think those are the problem?
omfg did you EVEN read the thread I linked you to? It tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about spark plugs on this engine.

EVERYTHING.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THAT THREAD AND ABSORBED ITS INFORMATION.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
omfg did you EVEN read the thread I linked you to? It tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about spark plugs on this engine.

EVERYTHING.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THAT THREAD AND ABSORBED ITS INFORMATION.
I glanced at it,since I was short on time that is why I asked those questions,but I have read it now! Went out and bought The Autolite A104's and just installed them. I started the car up I have a clean idle and no more sluggish pick up. So I thank all of you for the help! Also to answer your question no I didn't fully read the thread the first time but now I have and I gained some great knowledge!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I glanced at it,since I was short on time that is why I asked those questions,but I have read it now! Went out and bought The Autolite A104's and just installed them. I started the car up I have a clean idle and no more sluggish pick up. So I thank all of you for the help! Also to answer your question no I didn't fully read the thread the first time but now I have and I gained some great knowledge!
Awesome! Glad to hear everything is back to normal. [:D]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome! Glad to hear everything is back to normal. [:D]

Spoke too soon, this is so aggravating might have to suck it up and go to the shop. The only other thing is I did change the coil packs with these ULTRAPOWER FD505 I'm going to guess this is part of the problem. Learning now it's better to research a ton before buying. The only other thing I have going on is the abs light from the front wheel bearings being in backwards.

Well any threads on coil packs for this engine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts