Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ford Focus SE NA
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting here so forgive me if this is the wrong section

So about a month ago a noticed that when I attempted to stop my 2011 Ford Focus SE 5-speed manual from highway speeds, it shuddered when it got below 15 miles per hour with the clutch engaged. However if I quickly put the car into neutral the shuddering would stop. I again noticed this behaviour when I started accelerating the car from a stop.

About a week ago I noticed this issue started occurring when I was slowing down suddenly for stop lights, and moving away when the light turned green. Does anyone know what this shuddering may be. Because it doesn’t occur in neutral I reckon it may have to do with clutch assembly and that the entire assembly may be in need of replacing.

But if someone could confirm my suspicions or point out another reason that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your reply and help :)

Edit: If it means anything I have had issues with the car grinding when selecting first gear from neutral when at a standstill

·
Registered
2011 Ford Focus SE NA
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
starting to sound like a clutch job is in order, when you step on clutch where dose it release and engage?
Hello I know this is an old thread but I wanted to update on it
The issue ended up being faulty motor mounts and the clunking was caused by strain on the mounts (which were faulty) and the transmission was bouncing. The fix was to replace the mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.