Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now while this is not a Ford approved method we do know it works by "scrubbing" the clutch and the TCM adapting to the clutch. Many dealerships have used this as a learning technique for the TCM. This is not to be done on a transmission that has the input shaft seal leak and definitely not on a new clutch that is still being broken in.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Question: Say your significant other drives it like a grandma and it learns these bad habits, and you take the car and drive it like you say. Does the system ever learn the new driving style or does it stop learning at some point?

And thanks for the info as always, nice to have an honest tech post this kind of stuff.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Stickied

Nice to see this posted with a good descriptive video.

Adaptive learning hint along with "scrubbing" the clutches, that part similar to what's been done in the past with shuddering clutch or noisy brakes. 'Unofficial" but often useful.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've sort of modified this and incorporated it into my morning commute for a few months now -- whenever I merge onto the highway I always go WOT (even if it means waiting for the guy in front of me to merge). While it isn't perfect, it keeps shudder down to an absolute minimum. Never eliminates it on a longer trip but it's to the point where I may never get the clutches worked on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question: Say your significant other drives it like a grandma and it learns these bad habits, and you take the car and drive it like you say. Does the system ever learn the new driving style or does it stop learning at some point?

And thanks for the info as always, nice to have an honest tech post this kind of stuff.
This system is always learning and adjusting for wear and driving habits. So yes it will still work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm shaking on the New Fiesta 1.6 PowerShift. Several times I realized his action and solved the problem even weeks ago. I performed some tests and when the transmission overheated this (message on the panel) operation is normal. When this in normal working temperature shows a flicker problem.
Also problem in the temperature sensors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts