Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ford Focus SE. While the keys were in my pocket, a bluetooth adaptor for the radio which was also in my pocket must have hit the panic button while I was in the house. The car horn started beeping like when I've accidentally hit it before. I accidentally hit unlock instead of panic, but that seemed to turn it off. When I tried to go somewhere later though, there is no electrical stuff working and there is a quite clicking noise continuously going. When I put the key in and turn it, the only thing that comes on is the airbag light flashing very fast and continuously and at the same speed. No pauses like it was flashing a code, just keeps flashing. When I turn the key nothing happens. I can't even take the car out of park. The button on the gear shift wont press in all the way even when I am pressing on the break. It was working fine until now. From searching, found that maybe separating the keys might help, but it didn't. I also let the car sit for over an hour before trying again. Still nothing. Is there anything I can do, or do I just need to get it towed to a repair shop in the morning?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Try panic plus lock & unlock just for giggles to see if they work.

I'm guessing you'll have to start by fuse checking to get it going, sounds like you've got one not doing it's job.

Sheets & giggles, I've had won't work problem with mine solved just by pulling and reinserting fuses under the hood after a failure when I went thru a car wash. Poor contact on one was the only problem & it's been fine for years since. If you check them, give that a try beyond just looking at them.

Luck

P.S. - ALWAYS look at the battery cables when any electrical issue comes up, if they get loose enough to wiggle another wiggle might solve it until they can be removed/cleaned/tightened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D'Oh!
Thanks for suggesting the fuses. The remote still didn't do anything, but I hadn't even opened the hood to check anything because it happened right after the panic alarm going off. I opened up the fuse cover, but before I even messed with them, I noticed that one of the battery terminals was pretty much burried in light blue junk. It was the original battery, so I had the terminal cleaned and battery replaced. Works just fine now.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Great!

Tx for the reply, I'd been wondering how you made out.

My last guess was the best, the weird things happening is often a sign of low battery/bad connection.

It's scary when it won't work & you're worrying about how large a problem it might be and there isn't a lot you can do to fix it. I'm happy it wasn't worse & one of the easier things you COULD investigate solved it for you.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts