Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Focus SES. I have put in a K&N cold air intake and have just recently installed an exhaust and I was wondering if there was any other ways to enhance performane without spending too much money

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Get a performance tune to make the most out of those two changes (mostly the exhaust)!

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Cams arent really considered expensive, probably as much as your intake or exhaust. Maybe 300 bucks for cams, and you can probably reuse your cam bolts, valvesprings (depending on stage) and gaskets. Very nice boost in horsepower. Also, a custom tune from fswerks or turbo tom, and a header will put you at very good numbers compared to stock.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
177 Posts
Although you should be informed that no one currently manufactures camshafts for 08+ models! Only way to get some performance cams as of now is to get a custom grind.

Reason = camshaft position sensor on the intake cam is different, has 5 magnetic indicating lobes, insead of 1 that is used on the 00-07 cams.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You could also look into getting some lighter wheels. Decreasing the amount of rotational mass will help your car accelerate quicker and handling slightly better. This also applies to the crank underdrive pulley and the power steering pulley but I don't think that they make lightweight aftermarket pulleys for the 2008+

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
A tune would be the best bang for your buck, it does cost close to $400 but it make a noticeable difference and really helps your existing mods.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Massive is working on cams for the 08+ guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts