Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Was browsing around different mods and stuff for my 2.0 duratec, and I was wondering, does anyone have any experience with the GForce Performance Chip?

http://www.gfchips.com/fordfocus.aspx

I was wondering if it would be worth the $70. Just looking at different things to do that won't void my warranty just yet.

Thanks

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Search here for anything related to "chips," you will find the answer fast. The only real way to "chip" our cars is with a proper tune. So save your money and stay away from gfchips.

The two main tuners for our focus are FSWerks and FocusPower. Getting a cold air intake/short ram is a nice start and will not void your warranty

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
No.

Our ECUs cannot be chipped. They must be flashed with an SCT device.

FSwerks, Tom (Focus Power), Top Speed, or McNews (in Dilsburg, PA) can give you a quality tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for your replies. I will for sure stay away from those chips. They seemed kind of fishy. So you suggest cai/sri as a start? Sounds good.

What about exhaust? Will that kill my warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Since your not familiar with your warranty, read up on the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.
Unless the modifications you do directly contribute to any problem your car has, the dealer can't void your warranty. I would look into changing your plugs, intake, and exhaust if you want some basic mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts