Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to vacuum my car for winter the other day. I noticed that my carpet is coming apart in the left rear.

I very rarely have someone sitting in the left rear - maybe only a handful of times.

Would something like this be covered under warranty? I don't want to have my floor rot out because of lack of a rear carpet.

Or where could I buy a carpet?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
that's the first I have ever herd of the carpet coming apart. I would take it to the dealer and ask them to have a look at it.
I have used mine hard over the last 19 months and racked up 52K miles often with my son in the back. mostly I have a power inverter, power strip, lots of power cords, and other crap sitting on the floor, no problem what so ever.

Good luck figuring it out

Bob

·
Registered
578 Posts
i havnt heard of anything like this happening before. or on any modern vehicles for that matter. i have worn through my mats and the carpet beneath (my '05 f-150)..... i do about 250,000 miles a year across 6 vehicles....

my '08 foci has held up rather well having 90,000 on the clock. my only quip is that the thread around my drivers mat is unraveling.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing it had to be some sort of manufacturing defect with the carpet. My old Taurus had 70k on it with no carpet problems and my cherokee has over 100k with no carpet problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
haven't noticed anything like that on my '11 and i vacuum mine every other week. take it back to the dealer and see if they can do anything for you.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
The carpet that is coming up is a recall.

go to the dealership they will fix it.
what years were recalled? I wouldn't mind fresh new carpet.

I tent to clean mine every Sunday. Car is always kept clean

·
Registered
29 Posts
i dont know about yours but ford gave me bumper to bumper on my '11 for 36k miles. i would think that covers carpet if you have the same warranty. take it to the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts