Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this forum and think it is great!!!! I was wondering if there is a link I can go to or if you have something on here that would tell me a good tire and rim package size that I could get that will work on my 2010 Focus ses sedan. I have 215/45/17 on it now but was wondering if there is a narrow tire I could get for the winter that would match and maybe a smaller rim like a 16 or a 15. Your help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i ran the stock 17 inch rims last winter and the winter before, and i had regular tires on them and it was unstoppable in the snow, i was passing 4x4 trucks that got stuck in the snow, shoulda seen their face's lol but if you want some new rims and winter tires id go to tirerack.com

hope it helps out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last winter I ran 215/45/17 Continentals snow tires. They plowed threw snow and worked well on ice. The last snow fall of the year I nicked the sidewall of tire and it could not be repaired. I'm looking for one snow tire now.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Popular snow tire sizes are 195/60-15 and 205/55-16. The latter is popular with the SVT crowd as they easily clear the SVT brake calipers. The 15's will work on most other models that do not have the bigger front rotors. Our friends at Tirerack have some nice wheel and tire packages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Popular snow tire sizes are 195/60-15 and 205/55-16. The latter is popular with the SVT crowd as they easily clear the SVT brake calipers. The 15's will work on most other models that do not have the bigger front rotors. Our friends at Tirerack have some nice wheel and tire packages.
will 205/55/16 winter tires fit on my 2010 ses? I hear that its not ideal but will work? Im worried it will rub.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I know they fit first gens that aren't lowered too much just fine (I used that size on mine with an Eibach pro-system without issue). I do not know if the 2nd gen is more constrained from a wheel well size or not. I recommend that size only because there's lots of selection at competitive prices. If your concerned you can always use the 205/50-16 stock tire size. There's reasonable selection in that size as well.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
will 205/55/16 winter tires fit on my 2010 ses? I hear that its not ideal but will work? Im worried it will rub.
it wont rub.

but if you are buying wheels and tires, i suggest getting hte 15" sizes mentioned above, the difference in tire price is astounding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts