Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 with 114,000 miles that need a water pump replacement, Small leak about a quart to quart in a half low every 5000 miles or so. How much of a pain in the back side is it to replace?
This is my first FWD vehical. From what I can tell the pass side motor mount would need to be removed and the motor would have to be lifted up a little to get the pump out since it is so close to the sub frame.

Any info, tip and tricks would be a great help.

Bryan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not sure about setup of your 2010. But on my 2002 with a Zetec wasn't bad just time consuming. I would say with 114,000 you might want to buy a kit which includes water pump, timing belt and tensioner.

On my 2002 I removed the coolant tank just unbolted and moved to the side Took motor mount off including the bracket removed cover and I replace water pump. timing belt tensioner and pulley

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm pretty sure on the Duratec the water pump is driven by the serpentine belt which makes the job really easy.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Not sure about setup of your 2010. But on my 2002 with a Zetec wasn't bad just time consuming. I would say with 114,000 you might want to buy a kit which includes water pump, timing belt and tensioner.

On my 2002 I removed the coolant tank just unbolted and moved to the side Took motor mount off including the bracket removed cover and I replace water pump. timing belt tensioner and pulley
Pretty much this^^^^^^^^ Use the motorcraft gold coolant also.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
2010 - duratec doesn't have the timing belt to worry about...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys, keep it coming.

Bryan

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys, keep it coming.

Bryan
Well Bryan, did you get a w/p & gold coolant? How the drive belt look like?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Bryan, did you get a w/p & gold coolant? How the drive belt look like?
No. I didn't get the water pump or the coolant yet. I will pick it up some time this week, maybe.

I'm debating on turning wrench myself of just letting someone else do it. I turn wrenches for years, I guess I am just burned out with working on vehicles. I really don't feel like doing the work myself.
There are a couple shops that I do trust, just need to find the one that isn't going to bend me over to far and have there way with me.

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts