Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2010 Focus Sedan SES that i've had since February. It had 50k miles, and i'm now up to 61k. No major wrecks, no damage other than a minor front end wreck with a raccoon that knocked a lower grille out, and a minor rear end before I bought it.

So my Map lights stay on when headlights are on. They are dimmer than when I turn them on. Sometimes they flicker. They flicker when I start the car. They do not change with rev's(I.E. bad alternator). The rear dome light also does not work, but I have not checked the bulb(could be coincidence).

No other electrical anomolies that I have found. Stereo and AC blower all work great. Car starts and runs just like new.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

Have you checked the bulbs for them?

LED type replacements can stay on at a low level even when turned off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved to General Tech Chat

Have you checked the bulbs for them?

LED type replacements can stay on at a low level even when turned off.
Thanks

I just went and sat in the car and locked it and they stay on at a very low level. With the lights on with the door open or when I hit the unlock key, they both come on at a bright level, but the passenger side one flickers a bit.

Are these factory LEDs?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
No they aren't, and your description matched what's often seen with many LED replacement bulbs so I thought the easiest possibility was replacement by a prev. owner.

(Check the dumb stuff first rule)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its very possible, do the stocker just look like normal glass bulbs?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went and looked at them closely and compared to some pictures online, definitely LEDs. Now how do I get these buggers out? Hopefully I didnt accidentally break my dome light assembly just now....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump, any advice on how to disassemble the dome/map light?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts