Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone, here is the issues I have been dealing with over the last few months. Starting back in the summer time I was getting a random P0451 (Evap Emissions sensor) code, mostly on cold start-up. I would clear the code and it would not come back for a few weeks. more recently it has been coming up often, but there is no drive ability issues. Again P0451 code. Being as I am close to the end of my warranty I though I would take it in to Ford and have them look at it. First thing I did was load the stock tune back in the car, why take the chance right? That of course cleared the code and I had to drive a few days to get the code to reappear. Yesterday it came back on only this time I also had a P0455 (Gross evap leak). I took it to the dealership and told them about the 2 codes (p0451 & P0455). They informed me that evap was no longer under warranty and it would be $99 to run the tests on the car! So I agreed to have them pinpoint the problem for me (so I could fix it myself). after an hour of waiting the service guy came back and told me I have an electrical short somewhere along the FPT (Fuel Tank Presser) circuit. The exact words are

TEST EEC SYSTEM, 1.0, HAS SHORT SOMEWHERE IN FTP CIRCUIT BETWEEN PCM & FUEL TANK PRESSURE SENSOR, WILL HAVE TO TRACE OUT CIRCUIT & REPAIR SHORT & RETEST FOR ANY DAMAGE TO PCM AFTER REPAIR 8.0 HRS ESTIMATE $1099.00

After getting home I now have a different CEL code (P0453), this is getting annoying!

So my questions to everyone are, 1 has anyone experienced this and 2 does anyone have a diagram of the fuel pressure circuit for a 2010 S Sedan?

Thanks in advance

Bob

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing?????
Does anyone know where I can find an Electrical Diagram for a 2010 Focus, S, Sedan?

Thanks

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ill check it out.
Does anyone have a PDF of the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor wiring, from the PCM to the tank.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ebay is it

Search words

Ford Focus 2010 wiring manual

Cheapest is ~$30.00
Just got one for $22.70!!

Thanks, now when someone else needs electrical help I can help them out.
[cheers]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pretty much!!!
I politely asked that he give my car back......NOW
I think I could take most of the car apart in that much time!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep car is less then 2 years, but over mileage! Emissions equipment is covers for 5years or 50,000 miles, I'm at 53,XXX miles. I should have taken it in about 2 months ago when I was under 50k. But I didn't because I thought it was 5/60k on emissions!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

Ok here is an update to the problem.
I got a Ford Wiring Manual from Ebay, so that's a good start.
I was able to find one problem so far, the harness under the back seat on the pass side goes through the body to the fuel tank. I popped the back seat out and low and behold bad wiring!

Now I have never, ever touched the main wiring in my car and there is no reason the harness should look this way. The cover was pulled back and removed, and 2 of the wires were pierced and making contact with the body. I also noticed a repair in one of the wires as well. I repaired the wires and recovered the harness in electrical tape. After that I reset the codes and about 1 min later i got a code again, P0453 (evap sensor imput too high). now off to find the rest of the issues!
[scratch]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts