Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Banned
782 Posts
laptop has Bluetooth
I know vLinker FS USB adapter works with Windows, I use it. Not sure about Bluetooth adapters and Windows. I don't see any BT adatpers recommended for Windows on the Forscan website. Under "Supported platforms" it says

Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (ELM327-compatible adapters with COM, USB, Bluetooth and WiFi interfaces, J2534 PassThru

But earlier on the same web page, it says:

we do not recommend any "ELM327" anymore. If possible, please use adapters recommended above (OBDLink, vLinker). FORScan will continue to support ELM327 adapters, but some new functionality may be limited or refuse to work on outdated adapters

So if your BT adapter is an ELM327-compatible adapter, but not on the recommended list, it's not clear to me if it works, or how well.

You'll be the expert.

· Banned
782 Posts
Something wrong with your .allmods, it only has 6 PIDs. But forget that, .allmods is too much information anyway. Narrow it down to the PCM module and save that file. It will have a .PCM extension.

As for the uphill.fsl, IDK the time when trouble happened, and I don't want to guess. You tell me. And post a snapshot image. I don't want to look through logs. That's your job.

· Banned
782 Posts
my Focus has the same symptoms ... a good bet your trans is lagging
Possible, but I wouldn't bet.

I was about to encounter a VERY EXPENSIVE repair cost. Just before I took the van to a local transmission shop, I did some extensive research on the Internet regarding my van's engine surge problem. After spending several hours searching the Internet and not finding any new repair solutions, I stumbled across someone's repair suggestion which I had not considered. The T &C van utilizes a throttle plate sensor (TPS) which provides throttle plate position feedback to the van's PCM. This sensor sometimes fails. I decided to spend a whopping $20.00 for a replacement Dorman TPS as my very last attempt to find and fix my van's speed problem before I made the trip to my local transmission shop. When I removed the sensor (no easy task!), I found the sensor partially filled with gas/oil residue. I replaced the sensor and my engine speed fluctuation problem disappeared

· Banned
782 Posts
My MK1 does not have NUM_MISFIRE. It has "NM" under the PCM module. You don't have that?

i hope this helps
A Windows dashboard image showing the module selected would help more. And the entire list of PIDs in the PCM module. Make take a few screen shots to list them all.

A misfire when cold would make me suspect spark plugs. But that would not explain your uphill problem. More info needed.

· Banned
782 Posts
1 - 20 of 102 Posts