Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm confused, and this is probably a dumb question, but does the standard 2010 Ford Focus SE have a rear sway (stabilizer) bar? If so, what is the part number for the bushings? I don't have a special suspension package, just a standard 4 cyl. manual transmission Focus.

To explain further, I'm getting a squeak whenever I go over a large bump on my driver side, rear tire. Very minor squeak that only happens during large bumps and mostly only if the bump is only on the driver side, much less of a squeak if it's a uniform bump across both rear tires.

Maine winters tend to kill suspension components with all the cold and salt so I figured with 73,000 miles it's probably due for new sway bar end links and bushings. I didn't even bother to check if it had a sway bar because that would be silly, right? Anyway, ordered end links from Rock Auto but didn't like their bushing prices so I went to the Ford Dealer to see what they had for bushings. Oh, they don't...apparently my car doesn't have rear sway bar bushings. It does have end links, though.

Confused, I crawl under my car but don't see a sway bar. Now I'm really confused.

Do I have a sway bar?

If so, does it have bushings? (It must, right?)

And, if I don't have a sway bar, what else could cause this kind of squeak? Coil spring? The strut looks fine and hasn't given me any trouble.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, anyone want to buy some cheap Moog rear sway bar endlinks? :p

I'll take a look at the e-brake cable, thanks for the tip. Does it matter if I have drum brake (ugh) and not disks?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to wrap this all up, I (kind of) found the problem. It wasn't the e-brake cables. I brought out some lubricants and grease to lubricate the e-brake cable but couldn't figure out how to get under the seat.

I was going to head back in to check the interwebs on removing the seat but decided while I was down there to blast everything on the rear suspension with silicon penetrating lubricant. Ended up having to head out and during the drive there was no squeaking from the rear. So, something under there that isn't e-brake cable was doing it and is fixed now.

Oh well, if it comes back I'll spend more time trying to find what was causing it. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts