Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm comparing intakes for my car, and was looking at the Steeda CAI for my 2010 and noticed that it said does not work with California PZEV models. Does that refer to PZEV models made for California only or is that any PZEV focus? I only ask because I know that state has crazy strict emissions rules, and I didn't know if there was a difference. So that got me thinking, what are my air intake options with having a pzev? Anybody else with a 2010 pzev, what intake do you have on your car? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
146 Posts
So I'm comparing intakes for my car, and was looking at the Steeda CAI for my 2010 and noticed that it said does not work with California PZEV models. Does that refer to PZEV models made for California only or is that any PZEV focus? I only ask because I know that state has crazy strict emissions rules, and I didn't know if there was a difference. So that got me thinking, what are my air intake options with having a pzev? Anybody else with a 2010 pzev, what intake do you have on your car? Thanks in advance
From my understanding, they are just saying you wouldnt pass emissions in california with this intake on your car. Idk anything about the PZEV model thing, never heard of it till now. I have there intake on my 08 coupe and its bin running strong with no problems for almost 2 years now. I average 40 mpg highway, and i get that little extra power. I would recomend the steeda intake.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What they are saying is you wont be passing emissions in California with that intake.

My 2004 is a PZEV model that came with the 2.3 motor in it. No idea how bigger more powerful motor is better for emissions >_< but I put a CAI on mine and have had absolutely no problems.(i know the engines are different now just making a comparision)

Worst comes to worst you can email Steeda before purchasing their product i am sure they will help you through every step, and answer all your questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts