Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is creeping up on 100k quickly and I wanting to replaced the PCV valve since it hasn't probably ever been changed but I don't know where it is at. So I'm needing a good break down of where it is and how hard it will to be replace and maybe a link to where I can buy the PCV valve itself. My car is a 2010 Focus SE with the 2.0 Duratec engine. It anyone needs more info just let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If your car is a 2010 with oil changes done on time, don't race to replace it. Feel the hose and check it for cracks. I say if it isn't cracked, don't worry about it.

If you change it, beware of two things. The snap ring that holds the PVC on will probably break, so get another in advance. Also, the hose from Ford has two tabs that you pull off of the clamps, which then self-tighten. Stuff some rags in the intake ports so the tabs don't go flying into the bores if you lose your grip on them.

Toby

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil changes were not at the regular intervals. When I bought the car they had the semi synthetic oil in it and it was being changed every 3k miles so the next oil changed I changed it back over to the full synthetic motor oil.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It suppose to be changed at 5k intervals.
LOL dude 3k oil changes are just as good if not better than 5k oil changes. You definitely don't need to change your oil every 3k these days however it's not going to hurt your car if you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts