Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Need some quick help here please...

A friend of mine is having a hard time figuring out how to replace a burned out headlight on their 2010 Focus Sedan. I'm far far away from them and only have internet on my phone, having a hard time manuvering the forum thru the mobile version... and apotty service for searching elsewhere online. I can tell them how to change a bulb in a 1st Gen like mine in 2 seconds flat, but apparently the 2010 is way different. Anyone have a good link to a video or step by step how to for this? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

-Stacy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do a search, I found a thread somewhere with pictures (which are almost essential) when I did the same task.

You have to first start by removing the grill. There are 4 pushpins at the top and a tab to the bumper cover on each side. To undo the tabs you have to slide in a specialized body shop tool (or a putty knife) between the bottom of the grill and the bumper cover to release the clip which is actually part of the bumper cover.

With the grill removed there are 3 10mm ( socket size) bolts that hold the headlight assembly in place. The assembly is also held by a tab at the bottom and the assembly needs to be raised upward about 1/2" to release it then sort of pulled forward to pull the assembly out. I was replacing the side marker light so a close inspection may show that the headlight bulb may be accessible after just removing the grill.

It is well worth it to find pictures beforehand as going in blind will surely result in you damaging fragile and expensive plastic components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts