Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I get in my car, it syncs up to my phone as it should. However, my phone automatically starts playing music. My car though, is on the radio/cd...whatever I had it on last, so I do not hear the music that started playing on my phone.

How do I make this stop? It is draining my phone battery if I forget about it, and let it constantly stream music.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi Cavs23,

Do you happen to know what your current level of SYNC software is? If you'd like, I can check for you, just shoot me your VIN in a PM. :)

Rebecca

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cavs23,

Do you happen to know what your current level of SYNC software is? If you'd like, I can check for you, just shoot me your VIN in a PM. :)

Rebecca
It is the most up-to-date version. I have had someone else check that already. I've even turned off the "autoplay" setting in the car, and it still starts playing over my phone silently when I turn the vehicle on.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hmmm... My next set of questions for you: Which app is running on your phone, did you check it to see if there's an autoplay feature on the app, and do you ever listen to Bluetooth audio in your Fusion?

Rebecca

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... My next set of questions for you: Which app is running on your phone, did you check it to see if there's an autoplay feature on the app, and do you ever listen to Bluetooth audio in your Fusion?

Rebecca
I think it is just the music app that comes on an iphone. I can see it on the lock screen, but if I check for apps running, it doesn't show any. So I can't be 100% certain.

I listened to bluetooth once to see how it worked, but now I listen to radio and cd's.

The phone music never autoplays through the car speakers on its own...just plays silently on the phone itself.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I found this on an Apple forum:

"You should try quitting the iPod app. In my experience, streaming starts because the app is running in the background but paused/stopped. When sync occurs, the iPhone iPod app begins to play.

To quit the app, press the home key twice and you'll see all the the apps currently running. Then press the red minus button to exit the iPod app."

I suggest giving that a try. Let me know i that helps!

Rebecca

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found this on an Apple forum:

"You should try quitting the iPod app. In my experience, streaming starts because the app is running in the background but paused/stopped. When sync occurs, the iPhone iPod app begins to play.

To quit the app, press the home key twice and you'll see all the the apps currently running. Then press the red minus button to exit the iPod app."

I suggest giving that a try. Let me know i that helps!

Rebecca
Thank you for trying to do some research on this. I have as well and I haven't come across any good solution yet. Doesn't sound like I'm the only one with this problem.

However, as I said before, there are no apps running. There is nothing to close out of. It simply comes on the lock screen when I turn on my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts