Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I cant really figure out whether my 2.0 duratec is a di or not iv been told it is and told it isnt.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then why the hell is this thing so lound when I start her up in the morning. Could it be the motor mounts that I just put in it 3 months ago are bad already cause I noticed after I changed them it go quiet but then it got loud again and itll only do it after its sat over night

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed after replacing the psm it got quite it again but soon after that it go loud again. I have no check engine lights and aside from that she runs great, never had any sort of issue with the engine or trans its self. Like now I have a viberation when coming to a stop and leaving a stop and sometimes while at an idle but it's always a hit or miss situation. Am I not lining the engine up correctly or is this just the nature of a focus

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It's very very difficult to diagnose vibration online. We all interpret vibration and noise differently. The only thing I can tell you is use all OEM mounts. I actually have a upgraded dog bone /rear motor mount to help with some performance benefits but it does increase vibration.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it increase viberation at idle? Yeah I just dont know. I mean it's only something I can feel in the floor board so it cant be anything super serious that could ruin anything, my question at hand is how likely is it that after market trans mount and if it is, could that have broken any of the other mounts in the process

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm told even by the dealer that these cars do just have a viberation to them regardless of the mounts something with the harmonic balancer

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You don't need to worry about damage from mild vibrations. When my passenger side mount failed it shook the whole front of the car at idle, it even made the headlights jiggle.
I would suggest to try and get a OEM transmission side mount just to try it out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did any damage happen from the psm failing and when my psm failed it only viberates on a cold start then went away when it was arm and wouldn't do anything wild. For the 6 months iv had this thing I've fought with this viberation and cant get it figured out. I just fear if I buy the oem one it won't fix anything cause all iv fine is feed this thing money.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could totally understand that a car is gonna have some vibration but how in God's name did these sell when they alllll have a god awful viberation. I wouldn't mind getting some performance mounts but I wanna at least have a oem trans mount and a oem psm mount.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Performance mounts add vibration. The purpose of performance mounts is to minimize engine movement for a more direct feel. I bought my 2010 new and I can promise you it was very smooth.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you replace the mounts it's all oem? An driving it its smooth but sometimes at idle or stop or taking off from a stop it's not so smooth

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it doesnt do it in park or neutral, when taking off bring a stop, it has a slight to mild viberation up until after 1000 to 1500 and when slowing down it does it about 3 seconds from a complete stop and until I'm fully stopped does it not viberate. Sometimes it will still viberate even after the stop though. also iv noticed that when I'm just going down the road and not jumping on it my car likes to shift into 4th gear early at about 45mph and will drop down to 1500rpms and the viberation will come back then and will only be there until I leave 1500 rpms. And it all started after switching mounts out to the mount setup I have now which is a motor craft psm a motor craft dog bone and a aftermarket trans mount. This what I sent Tom because all my friends said message him what do you think out of an educated guess from your experience does it sound like my aftermarket trans mount didnt hold up or am I leaning towards something else

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would put a OEM trans mount on it. I cannot diagnose a car over the Internet for vibration.
I can give you suggestions not an answer.
If you want to prevent it going into 4th gear early just push your overdrive button.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts