Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reached 65K miles. The second the odometer rolled to 65K, the tire pressure signal came on, and the tire pressure system fault signal (the yellow exclamation point) also came on.

Every time I start the car, the signal returns, and I have to reset to remove the "tire pressure" warning on the display. The exclamation point remains lit.

This looks to me like a "it's 65K miles, so time to go to the dealer" alert. Is there a way to turn off the tire pressure system fault alert?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. I will try it. But according to the owner's manual I also have the sensor fault light on, which indicates a problem with the sensors. It didn't happen when tires were installed. It happened when the odometer hit exactly 65,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I just reached 65K miles. The second the odometer rolled to 65K, the tire pressure signal came on, and the tire pressure system fault signal (the yellow exclamation point) also came on.

Every time I start the car, the signal returns, and I have to reset to remove the "tire pressure" warning on the display. The exclamation point remains lit.

This looks to me like a "it's 65K miles, so time to go to the dealer" alert. Is there a way to turn off the tire pressure system fault alert?
Hi there!

The following is from your Owner Guide:

Low Tire Pressure Warning Light: Solid Warning Light
  • Possible cause: Tire(s) under inflated
    • 1. Check your tire pressure to ensure tires are properly inflated; refer to Inflating your tires in this chapter.
    • 2. After inflating your tires to the manufacturer’s recommended inflation pressure as shown on the Tire Label (located on the edge of driver’s door or the B-Pillar), the vehicle must be driven for at least two minutes over 20 mph (32 km/h) before the light will turn OFF.
  • Possible Cause: TPMS malfunction
    • If your tires are properly inflated and your spare tire is not in use and the TPMS warning light still flashes, contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible.
I encourage you to speak with your dealer about this concern. Once you do, please let me know.

Meagan

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
It is your own fault. Didn't you feel something strange at 64,999 miles? Like a change in The Force? I would have just parked it at 64,999 in the driveway and cleaned it on the weekends... or drove it backwards only... wait, does it log miles rolling backwards? hmmmm?

Yeah, Dealer might fix it/relearn it, and maybe for free,- sometimes they do that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See Marte, you think like I do.

The light never flashes. It is solid. I check the tires every month. I will check them tonight before I depart, and we'll see if the light returns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Piggy backing on this topic, hope that's ok? I had my winter tires on rims installed by my local mechanic yesterday on my 2010 Focus and since these do not have the sensors built in, the tire pressure fault warning fault message came on after driving for a bit. This is expected, happens every time, and normally I just hit the reset button and the warning goes away until the next time I start up the car. This time, however, the yellow warning light came on flashing, went solid and stayed on. I tried shutting the car off & restarting and both the warning light and the message came on immediately. Anyone have an idea what's going on this time round?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Wheels & Tires section.

More TPMS threads here.

Any of the TPMS wheels in the car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts